HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

i get ~50MB/s in my PC and on laptop it starts from 100 but halfway gets down to 6X MB/s. was transferring files from external HDD from PC/Laptop. I guess it depends on the USB drive as well as the drivers.

magnet

Youngling

Sam you bought this lappy?when?i thought you waiting for windows 8 launch and models which will launch along with it.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

i get ~50MB/s in my PC and on laptop it starts from 100 but halfway gets down to 6X MB/s. was transferring files from external HDD from PC/Laptop. I guess it depends on the USB drive as well as the drivers.

I used to get ~8xMB/s (starting from 100) on my WD my elements on my laptop.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Sam you bought this lappy?when?i thought you waiting for windows 8 launch and models which will launch along with it.

nope. when i tested friends laptop, also check the USB 3.0 performance. i'll get it before W8 gets launched. hate playing the waiting game.

magnet

Youngling

nope. when i tested friends laptop, also check the USB 3.0 performance. i'll get it before W8 gets launched. hate playing the waiting game.

Even i am tired now i feel i get this and settle for 2 years rather than going for i7 model of sammy and cribbing when any model launches late in diwali.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Guys tell me one thing, if we compare the processor of this model then who can it be compared to against the Intel processors, i.e i3, i5 or i7?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
performance wise beats i3 or performs same. gets beaten by i5. though will be nice to test a turbo'd A8 (~2.5Ghz) against i5. i am sure A8 can't beat i5 but may perform really close to 2nd gen i5 models.

Even i am tired now i feel i get this and settle for 2 years rather than going for i7 model of sammy and cribbing when any model launches late in diwali.

but it is best and i doubt other manufacturers will take the same route. samsung margin of profit in that model is extremely slim. other manufacturers will be happy to offer a 4GB GT630 instead.
Its more like they want to show the world what they can deliver under 50k so their lowend models get more hits.

duke123

In the zone

If compared to Intels Core-i3-series, the A8-4500M offers less performance in most cases..
source

doesnt that mean A8 < i3

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

check anandtech's benchmark. they show the real deal unlike notebookcheck.
AMD Trinity General Performance. 4500M should be same or slightly better than 3500M. and i3 trails A8 (and A10) all the time.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Wow, that comes as a shocked, our processor is not even near to i5? I thought I was making a very good choice about the processor, but now it makes me feel that only the RAM and GPU is worth the 31.5K I spent.

duke123

In the zone

Wow, that comes as a shocked, our processor is not even near to i5? I thought I was making a very good choice about the processor, but now it makes me feel that only the RAM and GPU is worth the 31.5K I spent.

AMD trinity is a budget processor suitable for normal tasks not meant for CPU intensive tasks...

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i5 laptop without any GPU, Windows, USB 3.0, etc alone cost more than what you paid. what more can you ask for?

magnet

Youngling

Inputs about this?

Samsung readies first 13-inch Trinity ultrathin

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

looks fine but the processor is underpowered. will perform lower than ULV i3s. was waiting for HP Sleekbook instead with A10 4655M which is not that bad.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

i5 laptop without any GPU, Windows, USB 3.0, etc alone cost more than what you paid. what more can you ask for?

The reason why I am saying this is because I had selected either of these three: HP G6 2005AX, Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN Laptop 2 Gen Ci5/4GB/750GB/1GB: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook, Samsung NP300E5Z-A0PIN Laptop (Titan Silver): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

And I just wanted to make sure that I have made the best choice, have I made the best choice guys?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

depends upon how you think and use it. i have used core i3 laptops without any GPU and when using the A8 i found both to be same. i5 will offer more performance but if you don't use the extra power then no use saying i5 is the best. maybe i5 will last longer (not working lifetime, performance life) but without any discrete GPU you are canning any chance of gaming as HD4000 can only run some new games at proper resolution. A8 is sufficient for everyday tasks and G6 2005AX is a completely balanced package. it beats other laptop in some area, gets beaten in rest but never gets outgunned (average proccy, decent GPU, sufficient ram, genuine windows, no abnormal heating, okiesh battery backup, free goodies, acceptable pricetag) by any sub 40k laptop. This is the only reason why it is FK's one of top rated laptops and here too.

from anandtech:
A 25% lead for Intel is pretty big, but what you don’t necessarily get from the charts is that for many users, it just doesn’t matter. I know plenty of people using older Core 2 Duo (and even a few Core Duo!) laptops, and for general office tasks and Internet surfing they’re fine. Llano was already faster in general use than Core 2 Duo and Athlon X2 class hardware, and it delivered great battery life. Trinity boosts performance and [spoiler alert!] battery life, so it’s a net win. If you’re looking for a mobile workstation or something to do some hardcore gaming, Trinity won’t cut it—you’d want a quad-core Intel CPU for the former, and something with a discrete GPU for the latter—but for everything else, we’re in the very broad category known as “good enough”.

Re: My review of HP G6-2005AX laptop having AMD A8-4500M Trinity processor..

in cell phones buying a non sealed pack mobile is like a sin
Just somedays ago i got a mobile which wasnt sealed. He's a trusted retailer and has good relations with me so i bought it.His reason was "customer aate hai toh khol ke bataana padta hai"
can there be any problem?

Top Bottom