HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

GuitarMan

Right off the assembly line
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Hi Guys. I am also looking for an A8 processor lappy. The G6 looks good to me, specs are great. Any idea where can I get a good deal in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai?

dhiman33

Broken In

Hi all, I am facing problem installing drivers..please tell me what will be the drivers for this harware id's :|

i) USB controller- PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&SUBSYS_184A103C&REV_03

II)SMBus controller- PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_184A103C&REV14

iii)PCI device - PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_184A103C&REV01

iv) Unknown device - ACPI\HPQ0004

:-( :-( :-(

Ok I've found all the drivers now.. :D ..but one more thing guys..that extended warranty page says one year extension is free but in the instructions it says to send a cheque of some amount below rs 2000..then it's not actually free is it?

mooon

Broken In

Ok I've found all the drivers now.. :D ..but one more thing guys..that extended warranty page says one year extension is free but in the instructions it says to send a cheque of some amount below rs 2000..then it's not actually free is it?

The one year extended warranty is for free.

mooon

Broken In

yes for me exact situation the temperature reaches 90 within 5 minutes of gameplay and fluctuates between 90-95C. the GPU temperature 75-80C..i played continuously for 3 hours but didnt experience any lags...for other low end games(counter strike 1.6,GTA San Andreas) CPU core is about 75C..but i am worried whether this is safe...will it fry the board...??

Same question here!!! I stay in a very cold place (Shillong) but still the CPU temp is always 95C while playing . Wondering if there is any way to reduce the temp. :-/

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Same question here!!! I stay in a very cold place (Shillong) but still the CPU temp is always 95C while playing . Wondering if there is any way to reduce the temp. :-/

I believe the simple answer would be to use cooling pad.

Hello guys.
I bought this machine 2 months ago for Rs35,000 with 1 year warranty. No CD/DVDs supplied.One mouse and Bag. Bought from Dimapur,Nagaland so it was expensive.
My experience so far.
Pretty good for certain games. I played Assasins Creed Brotherhood and the performance is pretty bad. Like choppy framerates. my PC with HD 4670 runs smoother.Other than that COD MW3 ran good but i faced framerate hiccups,like occasional drop in frame rate, whether i played at high settings or low VGA resolution settings. Gaming get really hot and i cant play for more than 3-4 hours cuz it gets scarily hot. On battery i can game for maximum 90 to 100 mins. Dunno how people manage 4 hours gaming on battery.
My laptop is always at the HP Recommended settings.
In short, i am pretty unsatisfied with the gaming performance and overall battery stamina
I have one big problem.
I set Warcraft 3 in power saving mode from Catalyst Control Center. But still the laptop gets hot when i play this game. I wish it could display all the apps that are on Power Saving mode,as it only shows the last 3 recent apps. :( Sometimes i doubt whether Warcraft 3 is in Power Saving mode,
Another curiosity...when i open HWinFO64, under Video Adapter i see only the 7640 graphics listed
And cant i go higher than 1900Mhz?

Being the ONLY true quad core around 30-35k, a lot of people I know are buying it :D

A couple of questions on behalf of a friend: Does HP also have 3-years extended warranty plan (or longer) ? And how is linux support for Trinity's switchable graphics and crossfirex ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

^ Linux support for any and every switchable graphics sucks. Whether AMD or nVidia.

Does atleast crossfire work properly with trinity on Linux ?

And does the BIOS have inbuilt option to select output GPU (manual switchable graphics by rebooting :D)

Ronnie012

Earthling
Recovery disks gone Kaput

I made a Big mistake of purchasing some cheaper quality disks from Moser Baer(costing 15rs each) for using as recovery disks. Today I checked them, and due to humidity or other factors, 3 of the 5 recovery dvd's got destroyed. They have become corrupt and unreadable on my dvd rw.

Now I'm in a dilemma. HP gives permission for only one set of recovery disks. Is there any means to create another set of recovery disks?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Re: Recovery disks gone Kaput

I made a Big mistake of purchasing some cheaper quality disks from Moser Baer(costing 15rs each) for using as recovery disks. Today I checked them, and due to humidity or other factors, 3 of the 5 recovery dvd's got destroyed. They have become corrupt and unreadable on my dvd rw.

Now I'm in a dilemma. HP gives permission for only one set of recovery disks. Is there any means to create another set of recovery disks?

This seriously is one big trouble, I too wished that we could create the recovery disks as many time as we wanted. Incase anybody does find a solution to this, please tell me as well.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
isn't it possible to create image of the recovery discs? or the hp recovery software create iso image directly rather than writing to a disc?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

isn't it possible to create image of the recovery discs? or the hp recovery software create iso image directly rather than writing to a disc?
I suppose yes, making iso files of the recovery disks is also possible, but somebody will have to confirm.

Another method which I think might be possible is that we restore our system to the factory settings using the recovery software and then make another batch of recovery disks, do you think this is possible?

sagarsoni

Sagar

By reading the review of this laptop I am getting excited to buy it. I am a 14 year kid. I googled Cheap Gaming Laptops and I saw this. I will buy it today evening. As this will be my first laptop, I have some questions:

What`s about Windows 7 Home Basic? Can Windows 7 Home Basic run every game? or there is difference in Windows 7 Other Editions about game compatibility?
How many partitions are there when we first time start laptop? If my windows got virus, what will i do? Can I restore orignal windows? I searched it and found thar there will be a restore partition. Will restoring format my games and movies?

Please reply as soon as posible. I am going to buy this today. I think this laptop will run almost every game. M I right?

bhupati

Broken In
HP Recovery Manager Trick

This seriously is one big trouble, I too wished that we could create the recovery disks as many time as we wanted.

I have made this thread to solve your problems :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...set-recovery-disc-iso-format.html#post1742549

@Sam you can move the thread to appropriate section if needed

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

By reading the review of this laptop I am getting excited to buy it. I am a 14 year kid. I googled Cheap Gaming Laptops and I saw this. I will buy it today evening. As this will be my first laptop, I have some questions:

What`s about Windows 7 Home Basic? Can Windows 7 Home Basic run every game? or there is difference in Windows 7 Other Editions about game compatibility?

No issues.

How many partitions are there when we first time start laptop? If my windows got virus, what will i do? Can I restore orignal windows? I searched it and found thar there will be a restore partition. Will restoring format my games and movies?

If you get a virus, scan with any updated anti virus such as Avast or ESET. And yes you can restore using restore partition. It won't format your other partitions until you select the option to do.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Re: HP Recovery Manager Trick

I have made this thread to solve your problems :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...set-recovery-disc-iso-format.html#post1742549

@Sam you can move the thread to appropriate section if needed

Right now, I don't have time but some time later I will read your tutorial and then give my feedback, thanks anyway for this.

Please reply as soon as posible. I am going to buy this today. I think this laptop will run almost every game. M I right?

Sagar, if you are in Delhi tell me, infact just check your PM, I will clear all your doubts about this laptop.

LoneWanderer

Broken In

today I transfered a few movies from a USB 3.0 pendrive to my lappy via 3.0 USB port..strangely the speed was only 50mbps??..shouldn't it be waaay more than that??

Top Bottom