Hp G6 2005ax alternatives

Dew

Destiny's a *****
Hi folks,

i was looking to buy a laptop with a decent gpu within 35k, zeroed on the hp g6'05, i went to a local multibrand retailer today... I saw the following smilarly priced competitors there...

Lenovo g580 xxxx :
new launch,Great build quality
Proccy : i3 3110
Ram : 4gb
Gpu : 630m
Price : Rs. 33200

Dell N5520 :
great 5
Proccy : i3 3110
Ram : 2Gb
Gpu : AMD 7670M
Price : Rs. 34500

now please guide me which of these is the best config. considering the following requirements,
futureproof gaming,relieble(cool), quality and performance.

and ah.... Its urgent i'll be buying tomorrow.

OP
Dew

Dew

Destiny's a *****
Thanks dsmarty,

you're right i liked the lenovo one but i'm just confused between the hybrid crossfire of a8+7670 and i3+630...

What is the performance difference between these two config. and which of these is more future proof...

Last edited:

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
i guess the lenova model is good one, both 630m and 7670m is equal in performance (7670m a bit up). though amd config as a edge cauz of crossfire but for the time being its not working as it should be, may be future drivers will solve that. but i guess lenova g580 is the way to go

OP
Dew

Dew

Destiny's a *****
Yeah if both of them had the same hardware... I would buy the lenovo coz of its build quality (i didnt like the hp it looks cheap plastic)....

Lenovo's ivy i3 might help the 630's frame's as the desktops.

However my desktop has a 5670 ddr5 which is way better than the 430gt

Anyways can any one tell me what amount of performance i'll loose compared to the crossefire.

g6 user's here please help guys...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Xfire only works in DX11 games and currently a lot of games are having problem with Crossfire. Next update was suppose to improve Crossfire is a big way (say upto 50% more performance compared to current 20%) but is still in Beta so it won't be possible to say how much it'll improve. If you don't want to take any chance, i3 + 7670 is a equally safe bet.

OP
Dew

Dew

Destiny's a *****
Thanks buddy,

does the cc(catalyst control center) provides any option to use only the descrete gpu when running dx9 and dx10 games or dx11 in previous dx modes.

for me its about pure gaming and if we put them in an order of their present day GAME performance then...

Crossfire > i3+7670 > i3 630

is this correct ??

Importantly which of these will run cooler...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you can configure to use discrete GPU, IGP or dual. there is no direct option to use discrete GPU but CCC can be tricked to do that ;)
yup. A8 + crossfire will perform better than i3 + 7670M in games but in other applications (where GPU won't be of any use) i3 will be a clear winner.

depends on the model. HP heats up when you game on it. Dell/Lenovo will heat up too but not sure how hot it'll run. basically all these non-gaming laptop heats up cause they have only a single fan to cool both GPU & processor.

OP
Dew

Dew

Destiny's a *****
So i've decided....

I'll be buying hp coz its present day performance is at par with others and even in future this will improve most likely.

Also i've been an intel user lets see how amd'll perform.

Thanks guys, it was really difficult to choose between these ( ahhhhhhhh ) seemed more difficult than all those objective exams back in my highschool.

Thats becoz everywhere on the internet sum says amd runs cooler others say intel..sometimes 630 was faster and sometimes 7670..

When you are getting core i3 for the same price. There is no point in buying a AMD lappy. :)

why pal ????

Top Bottom