HP Deskjet 3550: USB Malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackerzlab

Journeyman
i have windows xp sp2, dual core 1.6, asus motherboard with1 GB RAM.

i checked the printer at the shop today and it worked there! now, when i connect it to my PC, i get this following error:
USB Device not recognized.
One of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.

there is no error in the device manager except one "unknown device" and that doesnt have any exclamation mark! i have tried it with the installation cd bt the same error comes. i tried after uninstalling the driver cd too but that didnt work. same malfunctioned error. format my system and i inserted the wire to the usb hub but the same error... the wire is working fine.. checked. and m still stuck. could someone please enlighten me on this. thank you.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
There are probably several people in this forum who could solve the problem IF they were sitting in front of your computer. They would check this and that, try this and that in some logical sequence. Trouble is, with certain types of problem, it's difficult to think of all possibilities at once and list them all in one go. And it is difficult for the OP (the one having problems) to describe the circumstances thoroughly.

For example:
1. You said that it works in the shop. Have you been using the printer for some time and then it stopped working and you took it to a shop to have it checked? It's an old model, so I expect that it's not a new one.

2. You said ".....i inserted the wire to the usb hub ......" Are you using one of those external USB expansion units? Or is it connected to the USB port directly? Are you using the same connection method as before when it was working?

3. You said that the "wire" and the USB port are OK. How did you check them and concluded that they are OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom