Hp 250w Psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
guys today i got to lay my hands on a 250W HP original psu (2nd hand).the vendor's charging me 300 for it.its specs r:
+12V --- 14A
+5V --- 25A
+3.3V --- 18A
-12V --- 0.8A
+5VSB --- 2A Peak 2.5A
+5V & +3.3V ---- 165W max
+5V & +12V ---- 218W max

its running well in my config,heat dissipated is very low.the rail voltages being :
+3.3V ---- +3.23V
+5V ---- +4.94V
+12V ---- +11.72V
+5VSB ---- +4.90V

see my sig for my rig's config.
so wat do u ppl suggest,sud i buy it????

darklord

Cyborg Agent
You want to use it in the Rig mentioned in your sig ? If yes then i i wouldnt recommend getting something better.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
yeah i plan to use it my rig which is mentioned in my sig.
i'm testing it now in my rig and its working fine.
prev i had odered 4 a Zebby 500w platinum buy had to send it for RMA twice.
it blew out the night i first got it.sent 4 rma and got it 3weeks later and again it went dead 2hrs later.both the times i had put my pc to 'sleep' mode and the psu went into eternal sleep..:D.
i had tried the zebby psu i my prev rig which was a X2 3800+ and Asus M2N-MX.
so wat do u think i sud do???

darklord

Cyborg Agent
assasin said:
yeah i plan to use it my rig which is mentioned in my sig.
i'm testing it now in my rig and its working fine.
prev i had odered 4 a Zebby 500w platinum buy had to send it for RMA twice.
it blew out the night i first got it.sent 4 rma and got it 3weeks later and again it went dead 2hrs later.both the times i had put my pc to 'sleep' mode and the psu went into eternal sleep..:D.
i had tried the zebby psu i my prev rig which was a X2 3800+ and Asus M2N-MX.
so wat do u think i sud do???

I really think you pass this off.You have a killer setup there and i think investing in a good PSU makes sense keeping in mind your hardware's safety.Why not go for Seventeam 500W which is available in Mumbai as well as Delhi. ;)

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
but it aint available in Kolkata.so cant lay my hands on one.
my budget for psu is 2.5-3k max.i cant find anything in that range.everythink is above 4.5k

darklord

Cyborg Agent
assasin said:
but it aint available in Kolkata.so cant lay my hands on one.
my budget for psu is 2.5-3k max.i cant find anything in that range.everythink is above 4.5k
Get Powersafe 500Watt. THe golden coloured one made by L&C.It has a normal 80mm fan outside blowing air inside the PSU.

I have that in my ***** Rig and works like a charm. I donno if its available there.Its very good.It also has native SATA power cables and is EPS ready :)
I got mine for 2250/- only

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ thnx dood
all guys living in Kolkata plz suggest what psu i'll get in 2.5-3k supporting Intel EPS 12v connector.also plz mention the name of the shop and the the contact number.
thnx in advance.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
assasin said:
^^^ thnx dood
all guys living in Kolkata plz suggest what psu i'll get in 2.5-3k supporting Intel EPS 12v connector.also plz mention the name of the shop and the the contact number.
thnx in advance.

See if you can lay hands on Coolermaster Xtremepower 600W.Its made by Seventeam make and shud cost around 3.5k or so :rolleyes:

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ but Classic Computer (vendor for CoolerMaster) quoted rates of 5.8k for igreen 500w psu and said rates will be higher for 600w.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@assasin
No idea about powercolor but VIP "powersafe" shud be available. Don't know about other shop dealing with CM products. You can look for CORSAIR HX
520W PSU @ Trirupathi Enterprises...........do check it out.......see if it comes within your budget. Other than that CM eXtreme Power is your best bet.

See more details of the CORSAIR PSU over here *www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/hx_power_supply.html

Adhip007

Journeyman
I dont think corsair 500w psu is available in kolkata, i had called them last week they said they have 620w psu costing rs 7200+ ,
@Assasin :
I have exactly same problem with zeb 500w platinum psu, now they r saying that it is not repairable, so they advised me to take he refund!!!

Also the shop which kept Powersafe SMPS is now closed forever!!:-(

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ so wat do u plan to do now?which psu r u gonna buy?
so wat do u suggest which psu do i buy and from where?

Adhip007

Journeyman
I am waiting 4 the zebby PSU to be return 4m service centre!! Now using an Cheap 500w PSU !! Actually i'm having Part2 Xam rite now, so i'm not using my computer too much!!
I have planned to buy CM! If it cost around 3K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom