HOWTO - Protecting your Windows system

abhijangda

Padawan
Hey good information from you my friend. But I am having a cmplaint from you. Why you haven't added Quick Heal Anti-Virus in your antivirus list. I am using it for more than one year and haven't gotten any virus in my computer. Download it's trial version from www.quickheal.co.in and I am sure that you will surely like it's unique features. And also u haven't included Comodo Firewall Pro. It is the only firewall without leak.

mandar-seo

Right off the assembly line
Thanks Enoonmai,

At this moment I do not want to invest on legitimate Windows OS. Rather I want to go with Linux. I am thinking to get internet connection now at home for my work. What precaution I should take to protect my linux machine from getting infected?

I haven't used linux before so I don't even have knowledge of installing it. I am thinking to buy a computer with pre-installed OS (Linux obviously).

Please suggest me something.

Thank you once again for such a nice post. I will implement it in my office place.

With regards,
Mandar Thosar

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Let me add few more tips to this thread:://be more secure//::

1) Must have latest patches/updates of antivirus, antispyware, firewall, OS, and other application installed like office suit and others.

2) Use strong password
make combination of A-Z, A-z, 0-9, and special character like @,_ for your password.

Atleast 8 character long.........
avoid your name, date of birth, username, place, company name.

3) Don't enable the Save Password Option.

4) Lock your computer when you leave your desk.
If you're going to be away from your desk for a while, make sure your computer is locked.

To lock your computer:

## On your keyboard, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE at the same time.

## Click Lock this computer (Lock Computer if you're running Windows XP).

## To unlock your computer, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and enter your password

5) Use password protection on your screensaver.

6) Don't open questionable/ unknown e-mails

source:
*www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/worksecure.mspx

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I think you should update the info there. There is Kaspersky 2009 now and Windows Vista is most secure OS for now.

Mozilla Firefox 3.0.5 is now released!
Get it here!
Kaspersky Antivirus/Internet Security 2009
Now released!
Find out about it!
AVG Free 8 now released!
Download it now!
Windows Vista SP1 is now released!
Find out more!

Note that Windows 95, Windows 98, 98 SE, Windows ME and Windows 2000 have been discontinued. Windows XP Pro is not available in computers(retail versions can be found and some companies offer downgrade).

Last edited:

anil2009

for protect our window system we should install an anti virous software.we should scan all file & folders.we must scan & format our pen drives & cds

sellyanes

I suggest that you can use good antivirus, One good firewall and anti-spyware. You must enable the option block the unknown application so viruses can not run automatically. After that you use the mozilla firefox and install the noscript addons. These things will save you from the spyware or malwares. I hope it will help you.

sreelalb@in.com

i ve accidently clk in windows' genuin validation...now i have no wallpaper
can i overcome this without changing os pls
help this bgner

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
*www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.htm

this site is down .......................

Please give similar site ...........for me to know the truth.......

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

*www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.htm

this site is down .......................

Please give similar site ...........for me to know the truth.......

Btw good work guys.......:mrgreen:

Top Bottom