how2write password protected file on CD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
dear friends,
i want to give a CD (of my snaps, video message, love letter) to my GirlFriend. :) she has PC at home

but not personal, her family members also use that...... :(

so tell me, is it possible to make password protected CD so only she can see contents of my

CD?? i had also used zipGenius v6 for password protected ZIP of some photographs but after entering

password and closing zip file, it starts automatically save in temp. folder! same prob. in winZip.

or just tell me about any good folder lock/password software that can be used to encrypt folder and

can be written on blank CD, and can be used with any computer?? i just want to make password

protected files (like: photographs, Text files, small video of mine) that can be written on CD.

sooooo plzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz help me!! :?

--->saurav (patna)

digiFriend

In the zone
in winzip, password protected data needs to extracted to view it. if you extract in temp folder then only it will be stored there.make new folder to extract data and delete that folder after workdone.
you can also use msword and password protect it.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
arre yaar......... i want to send to my gf pcthru CD. she dont know abt these software... so plzzz tell simple one!!

shovik

Banned
First you have to get a good zipping software, for you I am showing you winzip ver.10. Install winzip and select the file you wanna zip then right click on the file and select winzip from the menu and then 'add to zip file'. Next tick on the option which says 'encrypt added files' and click 'add'. Ignore the warning by clicking 'OK'. Then next give your password and retype it to verify and click 'OK'. And your password protected file is ready to burn. To unzip it simply double click the zipped file and give the password and press 'OK'.
Smokinnnnnn...................Jhakkas Go ahead your Gf is waiting.

Regards,
Shovik.

Ishan

In the zone
Use Folder-Lock software, i got it from searching it in google...there is my post also on this pge only named locking Cd. so try it

digiFriend

In the zone
if you want to password secure letters and photos, then MICROSOFT WORD will be simplest thing. to view, double click on that file, it will ask password to open.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
digiFriend said:
if you want to password secure letters and photos, then MICROSOFT WORD will be simplest thing. to view, double click on that file, it will ask password to open.

are these secure? if anyone will crack it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom