How well will this game run on my Graphics Card.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
guys how is nvidia gt 650m for gaming?? 2 gb ddr3 i would really like to play gta 4 , bf3 , crysis 2 on ultra settings with 1600x900 display can it able to handle it? how much fps can i expect :)

You can expect playing all games in med-high settings at your resolution. You can't turn Ultra settings on any of the games you mentioned as fps will be below 20.

On med settings, you can expect 30fps which is playable.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
as per thread title is it posting questions about games & config details?or its a benchmark thread of GPU?

Btw, nice work by the OP

digitaltab

In the zone
as per thread title is it posting questions about games & config details?or its a benchmark thread of GPU?

Btw, nice work by the OP

i want to know the config used because i have also got 6870 GPU which is giving very less fps in skyrim than the mentioned fps in benchmark here...

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
i want to know the config used because i have also got 6870 GPU which is giving very less fps in skyrim than the mentioned fps in benchmark here...

The benchmarks were extracted from different sites, so figuring out on what configuration the card was tested is next to impossible. It was made sure that other hardware did not bottleneck the card's performance, nothing else.

You should post your config here, we might be able to guess the performance it will offer.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ for the config just take a look at Shivam24's signature ;-) -- alright here I'm copy pasting the same :

intel core2duo e7400 2.80GHz, intel DG41TY, Kingston 3 GB DDR2 800MHz, 1TB seagette SATA, 320 GB WD sata, samsung 22x DVD-RW, sapphire AMD RADEON HD 6870 1 GB GDDR5, CM xtremepower 600W, logitech z506, samsung BX2031N, HCL keyboard, microtek 600VA UPS, Microsoft XBOX360 controller, Nokia Xpressmusic 5320

I think OP will get proper performance out of his gfx card either using a quad core cpu or else he needs to OC the cpu using some supported mobo.

digitaltab

In the zone
^^ for the config just take a look at Shivam24's signature ;-) -- alright here I'm copy pasting the same :

I think OP will get proper performance out of his gfx card either using a quad core cpu or else he needs to OC the cpu using some supported mobo.

The benchmarks were extracted from different sites, so figuring out on what configuration the card was tested is next to impossible. It was made sure that other hardware did not bottleneck the card's performance, nothing else.

You should post your config here, we might be able to guess the performance it will offer.

i am not getting the performance you mentioned in skyrim, the fps i am getting at highest setting are 8-13, and medium at 30-40. I also don't get the performance in Battlefield 3, i have to play it in medium settings at a lower resolution of 133*768 in order to make it work properly

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the gfx card you have needs a quad core cpu to unleash it's maximum performance though it should not produce such less performance in Skyrim/BF3 - update the games, DX run time and gfx card driver ( if possible to the beta version ).

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
i am not getting the performance you mentioned in skyrim, the fps i am getting at highest setting are 8-13, and medium at 30-40. I also don't get the performance in Battlefield 3, i have to play it in medium settings at a lower resolution of 133*768 in order to make it work properly

It happened with me too, C2D isn't good enough to extract sufficient juice from your gpu. Upgrade your processor + mobo to at least core i3 2100 and H61 mobo to get good performance.

digitaltab

In the zone
damn , that's an investment of at least 10-12k, i'll go for it once have enough budget, thanks for the solution btw , i'll check my dirextx and game version and drivers, and will update them if not updated.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
In #3 post where he specified AMD/ATI graphics card. How to check benchmarks there?
As when i click the spoiler to open i just see names of 3 games which are non-clickable. so how to check it?

And in #4 post, where he specifies abt Intel Graphics. So these graphics namely : Intel HD, Intel HD 2000, HD 3000 are inbuilt on there processors?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
in post no. 2 and 3 image - links are not working and about post no 4 - yes, Intel HD, HD2k, H3k and now Intel HD4k series - all are built into the processor.

flyingcow

Shibe
Plz help im a newb.I want to choose between 7850 and 660(non ti) but when i visit this article and click on show spoiler for graphic cards i only see names of the games no links or no images.Please help ASAP

ace911turbo

Right off the assembly line
Plz help im a newb.I want to choose between 7850 and 660(non ti) but when i visit this article and click on show spoiler for graphic cards i only see names of the games no links or no images.Please help ASAP

The GeForce GTX 660 has clock speeds of 980 MHz on the GPU, and 1502 MHz on the 2048 MB of GDDR5 RAM. It features 960 SPUs along with 80 Texture Address Units and 24 ROPs.
Whereas on the Radeon HD 7850, which comes with core speeds of comparatively lower 860 MHz on the GPU, and 1200 MHz on the 2048 MB of GDDR5 memory.

In summary, just go for the GTX660. After all, its nVidia: The Way It's meant to be played!:cool:

By the way I have an Asus GTX660Ti 2GB. Its super powerful. Runs all games such as Battlefield3, Max Payne3, Far Cry3 at 1600 x 900 (20") on average fps of 50fps. So you should be getting at least 40fps.

Go for the 660.

bhvm

Journeyman
game run AMD APU laptop

I would like to add something to this great thread,
Many people are curious about AMD APU Budget gaming laptops. I have an AMD A6-3420m With 6250G graphics onboard (Not dual graphics). It comes with 320 Shaders at 400Mhz. I can confirm that the games are playable (Atleast 25~30 FPS) as below-

WORKING SMOOTHLY (1360x768 or 1280x720P).

COD4 MW 1, COD6 MW2, COD MW 3, COD Black ops 1, COD 5 WAW.
Serious Sam 2, Battlefield Bad company 2,
NFS Most wanted old (Using NFSMW-RES trick)
Left 4 Dead, L4D 2
Battlefield 3,
Split Second (Disney interactive),
Crysis 1, Crysis Warhead, crysis 2
Doom 3
Ghost recon Advanced warfighter 1 & 2
Transformers War from Cybertron, Transformers FALL of cybertron

OLDER / Simpler GAMES WORKING WELL (At their max possible settings)

Unreal 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament 3 (UT3)
COD 1 , COD 2
Dooming Racer, wacky races
NFS Underground 1, NFS Underground 2, NFS HP2
Serious Sam First encounter, Serious Sam Second Encounter.
Crayon Physics
Angry birds for PC
Battlefiend Vietnam
DOOM2
Painkiller, painkiller BOOH, paikniller Resurrection
Project Snowblind.
Unreal Tounrament 2003.

WORKING With reduced settings or stutter.

Crysis 3 (works well at low settings)
NFS Undercover (Crappy game anyway)

Games throwing error-
Quake 4 (perhaps a re-install should fix)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doom 3 should be also under Older games list :D and try some other latest games like FC3, BL2, TR, Remember Me, or old games like HL and HL2 series, If possible try to run Metro 2033 and see how well it runs ;)

bhvm

Journeyman
Doom 3 should be also under Older games list :D and try some other latest games like FC3, BL2, TR, Remember Me, or old games like HL and HL2 series, If possible try to run Metro 2033 and see how well it runs ;)

thanks for pointing it out .
I don't have metro or far cry 2. I'll try singularity this Sunday and ghost recon future soldier next week.
what's amazing is , if amd a6 single graphics can run all these well , amd à8 and à10 apu with single or dual graphics will feel like heaven !! take that Intel !$

Top Bottom