How trustworthy Amazon.com really is? Post your purchase experience from Amazon.com.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Re: How trustworthy Amazon.com really is? Post your purchase experience from Amazon.c

Do note that shipping costs might be equal to the product value :p

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: How trustworthy Amazon.com really is? Post your purchase experience from Amazon.c

Do note that shipping costs might be equal to the product value :p

Didn't quite got this point!
Eg: If MRP of X Netbook =15K.
I will get it in 15 K + 15K (of shipping cost) = 30K!! :shock:

pauldmps

Banned

Nope. Shipping costs should be about 3-4k. But if you're buying something cheap which costs about 3-4k then you're paying double, isn't it ?

I inquired a member of the Erodov forums, about a laptop which costs 35k in the US. He told that it will cost about 44k including shipping + customs to reach here. Compare that to the price of the laptop 49k in India. For 5k more, you're getting rid of shipping hassles + warranty issues.

BTW, that guy is taking a group order to bring anything from the US which are available on Amazon & Newegg. If you need to contact him, head over to Erodov forums.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ So what I get from all the discussions is that, buying many goodies at once, is way better than buying in small amounts...
Thanks dude for the inquires.. you addressed a Big issue for me..

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Just went thru this page:
Amazon.com Help: Asia & Pacific Islands

It says, Total shipping cost = "Per Shipment" cost + "Per Item" cost.

DOnt know what it means :confused: !!!

pauldmps

Banned

Per item cost: You'll have to pay shipping charges for every product you purchase.
Per shipment cost: An additional cost for the total package containing all the items you purchased, which is levied on top of "per item cost".

(Highest Applicable Per-Shipment Cost) + (Number of Items x Per-Item Cost) = Total Shipping Fee

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

What's the use man! Most of the electronic Items I selected from Amazon wasn't allowed to reach to the address of India, reason being warranty issues, etc. :-x
I am so disappointed with Amazon right now!

Cool PC Guy Ken

Extreme Poster

Hey!!! I'm thnking of getting a casio watch via amazon which will cone for around 133$ and so I wanted to know whether customs and duties would be charged or not and if then how much??

As per your question :

Amazon has a wonderful service for US not for India. If you desperately want it then you have to pay customs .

prttal

Broken In
Can you tell me how muck will the $139 Kindle(w/o special offers) which they ship internationally will cost after including shipping in Rs?

Flash

Lost in speed
Isnt junglee.com really an amazon india shop?

Isnt junglee.com really an amazon india shop?

Though Junglee is indian-amazon, it's shipping charges are high (and converted frmo $s).
We can buy the same product in here for LESS amount, with the shipping cost of junglee.

Junglee.com

Rockstar11

Technomancer

Didn't quite got this point!
Eg: If MRP of X Netbook =15K.
I will get it in 15 K + 15K (of shipping cost) = 30K!! :shock:

ohhh

thanks for the info..

dan4u

Took Off!!!
There are websites like comgateway and vpost, that gives you a US address, we can buy items from amazon,newegg etc and the items are shipped to the US address, then from there they are forwarded to our Indian address. the shipping charges are way cheaper and we can buy from any US website. but there will be taxes once they reach India. so buying products below 10k is more appropriate.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
One word - excellent!!!

Amazon is already shipping some hardware to India, so you may want to take a look on that.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Amazon is already shipping some hardware to India, so you may want to take a look on that.

What kind of hardware? What about Trinity processors?
I registered on comgateway to know more about how they work. Assuming the weight of the package is 1 kg, it is shipping to me with a charge of about $20 additional to the cost of product being ($109). Product Link: Amazon.com: AMD A8-5600K APU 3.6Ghz Processor AD560KWOHJBOX: Computers & Accessories

But I am unsure about the weight or if shipping from US is a good idea. (Price is not concern, warranty is).

dan4u

Took Off!!!
the good thing about those sites is that the shipping cost is reduced drastically, I recently got an adapter for $40 from amazon through cmogateway, the shipping charges amazon quoted were $35 (15-16 days) and $59.99 (3-5 days), in comgateway it was $20.95 (6-8 days) or $24.95 (3-5 days)...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
What kind of hardware? What about Trinity processors?
I registered on comgateway to know more about how they work. Assuming the weight of the package is 1 kg, it is shipping to me with a charge of about $20 additional to the cost of product being ($109). Product Link: Amazon.com: AMD A8-5600K APU 3.6Ghz Processor AD560KWOHJBOX: Computers & Accessories

But I am unsure about the weight or if shipping from US is a good idea. (Price is not concern, warranty is).

This:-

Amazon.com: AmazonGlobal Eligible: Electronics

Check whether APUs are available.

Top Bottom