How to view [XviD]_chunk_1 file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijitroy

Broken In
Hello Dears,
I have a movie file with extension [XviD]_chunk_1. But I am unable to open it in the usual palyers. Is it a compressed format? Please tell me how to view this movie.
Regards.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
u got to have VLC player or k-Lite codec pack or ACE mega codec pack to view this kind of file. for more info see this:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29004

OP
A

abhijitroy

Broken In
Well, I've tried these and even after installing k-lite codec and ace mega codec I couldn't play the movie file. It seems to me that [xvid] refers to a compressed file format and also it is different from x-video file format. Perhaps, first this file will need to be decompressed and then decoded or something like that. Please help if u can.

puja399

In the zone
abhijitroy said:
Hello Dears,
I have a movie file with extension [XviD]_chunk_1. But I am unable to open it in the usual palyers. Is it a compressed format? Please tell me how to view this movie.
Regards.

What is the source of this file? that is, from where did u get it, I guess from the net, but is it by any download manager or ftp downloader or usenet or IRC or what? please post the first 256 bytes of the chunk using any hex editor.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Plz show the screenshot and with the full file name, take the screenshot from the properties options of the file. I dont think it's a Xvid compressed file, or you should be able to play with any media player. I think it's the partialy downloaded file mostly in .rar format renamed as [XviD]_chunk_1.

Also use this sticky topic for future topics like: "I can't play this file" or "How to view". Other threads will be closed.
URL:
ttp://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29004

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Go to *mark0.net/soft-trid-e.html
and Download a software called TrID ( 477KB, Zip download )
TrID is a utility designed to identify file types from their binary signatures.
It's a Command Prompt based utility. It could be useful for you. Just check what exactly is the file that you have.

-----
alibi

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Ohh my god.. I forgot to mention Gspot. Just run that on the file and see what file it is. Then you can see what codec and other stuffs that file uses. Even then it dont play, then post the screenshot, we can see what's wron in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom