how to use internet by connecting a gprs enabled nokia phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaditya

Journeyman
hey can anyone tell me how you are able to access internet thru gprs phones??

i'm using a nokia 3300 ,the mp3 phone and i got a usb cable for it ..........plz tell me how i can use it as a modem for internet

plz give me step by step details,do i need a driver to install the phone as a modem??

paid

Journeyman
Which GPRS Phone should I buy?

I wish to browse Internet on my PC thru GPRS phone using Hutch/Airtel. Plz assist which economical GPRS enabled phone should I buy in which the batttery gets charged while using the phone.

frostt

Broken In
@beaditya - yes u can use ur gprs enabled cellphone to browse the internet...but u will have to subscribe for the GPRS package tha allows u to browse the net using ur PC...

What u have 2 do is....go to network connection...

click on new connection
choose dial up
then select ur cellphone as the modem...
for the no. to dial specify *99#
leave username and password blank....
connect have fun..

@ paid... - u cac pick any nokia\SE|samsung cellphone that supports GPRS...and then connect...

OP
B

beaditya

Journeyman
@frost yes i already have gprs conn.................but what cable shud i use to connect the phone to comp??.............the same dku 5 cable i got from nokia with the phone??

@paid nokia does not have a phone which will be charged when you connect with a pc, i dnt think samsung has one either...............but if are willing to go for a color display phone then 6610 is good but you wont get a data cable free with it..................if you go for 3300 u'll get a data cable free and the phone has a 64 mb mem card and mp3 player in it..............it costs 8800 now in nokia proff..........u'll get it around 7300 in the grey market................6610 has infrared but 3300 does not have it.......but u got a data cable accompnyng it!!

OP
B

beaditya

Journeyman
@frost hey frost i did wht u hav said but my compuer does not show my phone as a modem............my dial up modem is been taken as a default................but i use the same cable to copy mp3 and ringtones from my phone................how does this work??...............wht phone do you use??

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
configuring DKU-5 cable to use phone as modem will cause lot of trouble , use either blutooth or IRDA ! that will be simple !

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
@paid, but whatever, the phone cant stand for more than 1.5 hr in any nokia phones...

@beaditya, hutch gives 500rs, gprs connection, 24X7 connection (only 32kpbs).
airtel provides rs 600 gprs connection.

these connection can be used to acess the WAP sites in mobs also. also mms is free for subscribers in case of hutch.

paid

Journeyman
......if you go for 3300 u'll get a data cable free and the phone has a 64 mb mem card and mp3 player in it..............it costs 8800 now in nokia
8800 will be an expensive investment for me only for Internet. I will rather wait until January next year if Netway/Dataone is launched. Fingers crossed :roll:

go4inet

In the zone
Hmm... 2mnany posts & i wud think this wud have helped the post starter !

Anyway if u still gotta probs ... Contact me dude !

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
so people suggest me any handset having infrared or blutooth apart of GPRS which is must !

paid

Journeyman
moto C375 dude....
it costs only 2999 rs .

This will be in my budjet. Thanks drgrudge.
I am considering low priced models becoz I need GPRS phone for Internet for 03 months only. :wink:

suhas_sm

Journeyman
i connected 6610 to dell laptop running win 2k ... it opened the port connected but gave the error could not accept on PPP protocol n then evetually doesnt open any page :( whats next should i do ?
also can i dail to vsnl using it ?

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
paid said:
moto C375 dude....
it costs only 2999 rs .

This will be in my budjet. Thanks drgrudge.
I am considering low priced models becoz I need GPRS phone for Internet for 03 months only. :wink:

Dont do that dude motorola s**ks :x go for any other phone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom