how to use gameshark2 v4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi guys..
i just got gameshark 2 v4 from the net...how do i use it for my ps2 and how do i use it?
is it ok if i burn it in a cd or a dvd and how do i burn it..,
thanx.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
This is probably how you shud do it.........

Burn gameshark on a cd-r or dvd-r .........
Pop the vc/dvd in and boot up
Select the game cheat you want to use
Use start game with cheats
Eject the gameshark and pop in your game dvd !
This should work if you have a mod-chip installed.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If Still Dil Maange More Then Here's Another Guide
Gameshark 2 V3/4/AR MAX:
CD BACKUPS
1. Boot Gameshark 2 V3
2. Select the codes you want
3. Select Start Game
4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the Gameshark 2 V3 with the swap magic cd.
If you have a version 9/10 ps2 replace the Gameshark 2 V3 with the Swap magic dvd.
Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
If you have a version 9/10 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with the original cd game and press eject to close.
7. Wait about 7 seconds and swap the cd original with your cd-r backup and press x.
8. Your backup will now load with cheats.

DVD BACKUPS
1. Boot Gameshark 2 V3
2. Select the codes you want
3. Select Start Game
4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the Gameshark 2 V3 with the swap magic cd.
If you have a version 9/10 ps2 replace the Gameshark 2 V3 with the Swap magic dvd.
Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
If you have a version 9/10 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with a high toc original such as the swap magic dvd and press eject to close.
7. Wait about 7 seconds and press x.
8. Once the screen that says "swap dvdr by ea method" comes up swap the high toc original with your dvd-r backup using ea method and press x.
9. Your backup will now load with cheats.

Source Afterdawn Forums :wink:

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
well i understood blade runner ka guide but didnt understand afterdawn ka guide..blade ka guide ios simple..can i use it?
also can i burn it in a cd or is it necessary to burn it in a dvd?
its just 50 mb thats why.

woops..sorry ppl.. the compressed was 50 mb..the final image file is 715 mb
shud i burn the image itself...(its an .img file and a .cue file) or burn the contents in it

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
blade_runner said:

ya..i do have a mod chip..but i have one mroe doubt..do i have to do this everytime i want to play a game?
and guys i burn it as a data cd rite?

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
thegame_rulez said:
blade_runner said:

ya..i do have a mod chip..but i have one mroe doubt..do i have to do this everytime i want to play a game?
and guys i burn it as a data cd rite?
If u have one the latest mod chips my method shud work since i have booted the ps2reality media player on my friends ps2 the same way. Also cd-rs are supported in the ps2 so there shudn't be any probs. And yeah u will have 2 to do it evertime i guess.

@allwyn: the afterdawn guide is for ps2 owners who have mod chip that dont boot back-ups and such straightaway.

devraj_967

Right off the assembly line
i have gameshark2 v4 plus MTRIX infinity v1.93 chip installed..... the gameshark cd boots i choose the cheats and go to the strat game option change the gameshark dvd with my backup game dvd, everytime it says can not boot the cd.... need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom