How to update bios through a bootable disk?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The mobo I've recommend to you is the cheapest available and is based on AMD 740G chipset. It supports your cpu very well ( and some newer cpus as well ) - no need to worry too much.

OP
W

warrior047

In the zone
^^ make a trip to the asus service center first and take the invoice with you.

Hi friends...i took this to the service center...they say that there is a major problem and it is the mobo BJ spoiled...i didn't understand it then...he showed me something black with grooves out...on my verfication later in site, i think he showed me the chipset as in this pic?

*www.pcdirectsource.com/prodimages/mb-006_Detailx500.jpg

They have written the problem as NO DISPLAY...now am confused....is it the bios upgrade and forced downgrade that made this or it another one...which though rectified, will my bios still has issues?

The mobo I've recommend to you is the cheapest available and is based on AMD 740G chipset. It supports your cpu very well ( and some newer cpus as well ) - no need to worry too much.

Thank you...will check if my mobo fails

OP
W

warrior047

In the zone
^^ get this then Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2 - should be around ~2.5k.

WHats the rev? GA-MA74GM-S2 (rev. 4.4) or even we have other revs from 4.3 to 3. Am confused. pls let me knw

My existing Mobo went for an RMA and it is being repaired but am also gonna buy a new one...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
With each rev there are some new fix/improvement/big fix done with the mobo pcb/layout/components.

I can' t tell for sure which rev you'll find in the market but it's better to get the latest one possible .

OP
W

warrior047

In the zone
Guys,
Got the mobo repaired for there was a major issue as per them with the BJ on MOBO (I didn't get what they said but they got it repaired from their headquarters due to the complexity.The RMA guys said it was updated to the latest BIOS available and it was indeed updated when I checked).

And the system seemed to work fine for some time after I installed it in a clean way. However ever since I tried to install latest drivers (WHQL signed) to my graphics card, the system works fine for some time but then used to shutdown showing blue screen. It works randomly though. So I tried to go back. I unnstalled the graphics card from device manager and tried to restart so that I can install old drivers but the system doesn't boot up at all now. I tried to restart, the monitor starts and stops and the pc doesn't boot up.

My graphics card fan is not running properly (30% running) since quite some time but is this something serious? It was running fine inspite of this.
How to know what issue this is as the pc doesn't boot now?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ remove the rams and try different slots ( if the mobo has any ) or else remount the ram mdule on the same slot properly - if this boots test the mem modules with memtest app.

OP
W

warrior047

In the zone
^^ remove the rams and try different slots ( if the mobo has any ) or else remount the ram mdule on the same slot properly - if this boots test the mem modules with memtest app.

Removed the graphics card and then tried. Its working fine. The card was quite hot and when examined, the fan is NOT running properly. Cleaned the dust but still the same issue. Should I buy a new fan? If so which one and where for my Nvidia 8600 GT?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Removed the graphics card and then tried. Its working fine. The card was quite hot and when examined, the fan is NOT running properly. Cleaned the dust but still the same issue. Should I buy a new fan? If so which one and where for my Nvidia 8600 GT?

You will have to buy GPU cooling fans.

OP
W

warrior047

In the zone
You will have to buy GPU cooling fans.

Can you please share me the link for GT 8600 GPU fans? Am unaware of the same...

With each rev there are some new fix/improvement/big fix done with the mobo pcb/layout/components.

I can' t tell for sure which rev you'll find in the market but it's better to get the latest one possible .

Unable to find this...please share the link or how would the Biostar be?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ can't say how you can find rev number on BioStar mobos - but most probably it's written on some part of mobo PCB - if you look carefully you will find it or else some mobo manufacturers just write it on the box pack - take a look at the mobo manufacturesr website to be sure where this rev no. is written.

Biostar is a good brand - but before buying a mobo if you have any doubts just tell us what model you are going to get or search the web for feedback or review on th particular model.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Can you please share me the link for GT 8600 GPU fans? Am unaware of the same...

Before I suggest you to buy these dams, I'm going to telling to tell you that these are not good value for money. These are too much overpriced.

Now, here is the link: Click Here

OP
W

warrior047

In the zone
^^ can't say how you can find rev number on BioStar mobos - but most probably it's written on some part of mobo PCB - if you look carefully you will find it or else some mobo manufacturers just write it on the box pack - take a look at the mobo manufacturesr website to be sure where this rev no. is written.

Biostar is a good brand - but before buying a mobo if you have any doubts just tell us what model you are going to get or search the web for feedback or review on th particular model.

Am not sure which one to buy in biostar. For my config, its the AM2 socket. Please help in this regard. Also some PSU of good brand and both of these should be VFM and within 2-2.5k each.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ get mobos with DDR2 support only ( you have Athlon 6000+ cpu and DDR2 meme if I remember it right ) - it would be great if you can give us the model name/no of the mobos currently available or you are considering to get.

For PSU get Corsair CX430v2 @ 2.2k.

OP
W

warrior047

In the zone
^^ get mobos with DDR2 support only ( you have Athlon 6000+ cpu and DDR2 meme if I remember it right ) - it would be great if you can give us the model name/no of the mobos currently available or you are considering to get.

For PSU get Corsair CX430v2 @ 2.2k.

Am currently using a FRONTECH 500 PSU I guess...if PSU is to be blamed, can you suggest anything good within 1.7k? If not, will go for this.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try to get FSP Saga II 350 around ~1.5k - if you can't find it opt for Corsair CX430v2 @ ~2.4k.

Top Bottom