How to transfer files in Nokia 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
Hi there,

I would like to transfer some songs to my Nokia 6600's MMC Card directly.

So, what I mean to say is, when I transfer files to my Nokia 6600 it automatically goes to the Inbox folder but I want to transfer the files to the MMC Card folder directly.

How can I do so ?

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Dude you are using the bluetooth to transfer the files ... the pc .. recognise it as another PC

Download: Nokia PC Suite for 6600

--->Here<---

Install It ..

Then use it to tranfer the files to MMC

(Nokia PC Suite>File Manager>Nokia xxxx> MMC)

EDIT: Download Link Corrected

khin007

Journeyman
You can File man or newest Fe explorer . Checkout the inbox or "E:\System\Mail" .You can find you files

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes for the files currently in the inbox simply use FExplorer
Press 4 to cut then 7 to paste

*www.gosymbian.com/dhscr/download/dwl_fe_uk.php?name=FExplorer

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
mobilegeek said:
Dude you are using the bluetooth to transfer the files ... the pc .. recognise it as another PC

Download: Nokia PC Suite 6.7

--->Here<---

Mirror=Softpedia -->Here<--

Install It ..

Then use it to tranfer the files to MMC

(Nokia PC Suite>File Manager>Nokia xxxx> MMC)

Does this version of Nokia PC Suite compatible with Windows XP Service Pack 2 ?

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
@mobilegeek

You are not understanding my question correctly.

Firstly as per Nokia version 6.7 of PC Suite is not available. Even if I download it, I won't be able to use the File Browser feature with my 6600.

Secondly, I am using FExplorer but the problem is I cannot transfer a 3 MB file to the Inbox since only 1 MB space is free there.

Hence, I want to know a way to send the 3 MB file directly to the MMC card which is having atleast 20 MB free space.

So, please kindly help me.

( Is Oxygen Phone Manager able to do this ?)

aadipa

Padawan
In your phone try

Messaging>Options>Settings>Other>

Here you should have Memory in use. If it is Phone change it to Memory Card (Name of ur card).

After this your inbox will be transfered to memory card and you can receive big files.

I have noticed that in some phones Other option is not available, so try your luck.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
U can buy a card reader for Rs.400 and carefully put ur MMC and transfer songs,video files easily and at a faster rate then U can use the MMC in 6600.PC suite 6.7 is NOT for 6600,it has its own pc suite.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Tech&ME said:
@mobilegeek

You are not understanding my question correctly.
Firstly as per Nokia version 6.7 of PC Suite is not available. Even if I download it, I won't be able to use the File Browser feature with my 6600.

Sorry Dude .. I gave the wrong link for the PC Suite

The correct link is as follows:-

Nokia 6600 Support Page: *www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,59279,00.html

Just read the following quoted at the above page, this might help you
Code:
If you have problems with your PC Suite functionalities or you have problems updating a newer version of PC Suite, we recommend you to run Register Cleaner for Nokia 6600.

Register Cleaner for Nokia 6600 will delete all Nokia 6600 PC Suite related register markings from the Windows register. NOTE: You will lose all your Nokia 6600 backup and synchronisation information from your PC.

You can clear the Windows register in the following way:

1. Uninstall PC Suite and restart PC when asked to finalize installation.
   2. Close all applications from your PC
   3. Start Nokia_6600_ Register_ Cleaner.exe
   4. Answer Y (yes) when it is asked
   5. Press any key to exit the register cleaner
   6. Restart your PC
   7. Reinstall the PC Suite and restart your PC when asked to finalize installation

Tech&ME said:
Secondly, I am using FExplorer but the problem is I cannot transfer a 3 MB file to the Inbox since only 1 MB space is free there.

Hence, I want to know a way to send the 3 MB file directly to the MMC card which is having atleast 20 MB free space.

So, please kindly help me.

( Is Oxygen Phone Manager able to do this ?)

See ... as aadipa told you .. you are probably using the phone memory in the inbox ..

So, If the option is available in Settings .. you would have changed it by now!

But the thing is .. the proper way of transfering the file is through PC Suite ... thereby you can see the contents of the MMC card.

You can also use the Card-Reader available in the market .. but Its utility only comes out when we have the high capacity card. For the 64MB as what I use the Bluetooth or Data Cable is sufficient.

One more advantage of using the PC Suite is that ... when you install the Applications from PC .. Just double click the Icon of the Application .. and it is directly installed on the phone... rather than Copying the .sis file to the Card.
[provided that the phone is connected in connection manager]
[Use Memory Card as destination for installing the application]
The best way to install the S60 Software is using the phone connected viz PC Suite, which can be data cable/IrDa/Bluetooth.

As per using the Oxygen Phone Manager, on my earlier 7610 .. some of my data got currupted including some contacts, .. So I dont use it

I hope you can successfully Install the PC Suite by following the above instructions.

Regards
mobilegeek

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Bcoz ..
He was right clicking the Icon, & Send To>Bluetooth option in Windows XP
instead of PC Suite to transfer the files

So, the problem was the way of using the BT
... there is nothing wrong with BT itself.

Regards
mobilegeek

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
bt has a drawback or a 2
speed sucks
and memory is limited to phones memory though u have 10000gb of mmc but phone has mere 1 mb memory u cant send a file over 1 mb so bt sux

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Anyway for the timebeing the problem is solved.

I am using the suggestion of aadipa and its working.

Ya the speed sucks. But will do since, I don't need to send too many files to the phone right now.

@montsa007

yes am planning to buy one of those card readers. and by the way is MMC Card for N6600 is really available for that space --- 10000gb?

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
@Tech&ME

Ya .. dude .. I will also wanna try 10000gb card :wink:

Just tell one thing does pc suite worked or not?

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
mobilegeek said:
@Tech&ME

Ya .. dude .. I will also wanna try 10000gb card :wink:

Just tell one thing does pc suite worked or not?

Sorry dude, I could not download it since i am on a Airtel GPRS connection and the connection is not too good at this time.

If it is included with Digit CD/DVD (version 6.7) then I can install and try that also.

Anyways, I am now able to send files directly to my N6600 as aadipa suggested.

Also if you find that monster MMC card of 10000gb please let me know the price of it ya. Planning to buy one.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Tech&ME said:
Sorry dude, I could not download it since i am on a Airtel GPRS connection and the connection is not too good at this time.

If it is included with Digit CD/DVD (version 6.7) then I can install and try that also.

Actually 6.7 is not for you .. If you see my post above

pc suite for 6600

your airtel gprs is unlimited then .. leave it download for sometime
but since ur phone doesnt have Edge .. thats why its slow

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
mobilegeek said:
Tech&ME said:

Actually 6.7 is not for you .. If you see my post above

pc suite for 6600

your airtel gprs is unlimited then .. leave it download for sometime
but since ur phone doesnt have Edge .. thats why its slow

Hey How did you get focus for your own post ? where did you get the link from ????

I mean how did manage to get the highlight your own post. U gave me a link to your own post ("my post above").

Please tell me.

aadipa

Padawan
A little image near Posted: text at start of each post. thats the link.

Right click, copy shortcut, use in url tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom