how to tell if a gfx card's burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
i had oc'ed my gfx card without any cooling arrangements as such.
though all went well, suddenly today the screen went off, and the monitor led keeps blinking quickly.
the first time this happened my brother had just entered the windows desktop after playing a gfx card taxing game called london taxi.
he was abt to change the screen res to sth higher, when this happened. even on subsequent reboots, the screen starts blinking after the windows xp boot screen appears..i.e. no select user screen comes up.

since i have onboard vga also, i removed the gfx card and used it and computer did boot up properly without any problems.
does this mean my gfx card is dead....how to confirm it???

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Whenever you run an application that stresses the GPU and it starts artifacting,its a clear indication that your GPU is screwed.

OP
abhishek_sharma

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
darklord said:
Whenever you run an application that stresses the GPU and it starts artifacting,its a clear indication that your GPU is screwed.

but wont a burnt gfx card even run win xp properly....or does it mean sth else has happened

mario_pant

In the zone
man... it wont run anything... as it will not process anything and your monitor is plugged into taht card i suppose. so NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom