How to take screenshots in DOS mode? Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
dear forum users..
being a student of BCA, i have project to complete using C/C++. But i am stuck with a vital problem..
i need a tool which would enable me to take screenshots of the projects in DOS mode.
how would i do it...

please help me out.
i checked the net and also tried several softs but to no avail..

hoping of quick replies.

thnx in advance,
regrds, SUDE

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Is the entire screen in DOS mode or jus a window opened as a DOS mode ?? (like say command prompt window) ?

Neways... hv u tried the Printscreen option or Alt+printscreen combo for the same ??

a few options.

1.) 2 possibilities:

A. Run in a DOS window, then use the Print Screen! i.e
You must have the DOS (or say a C/C++ user screen) in "windowed" rather than full-screen mode (hit ALT-Enter to switch back and forth b/w windowed and full screen mode).

Then hit the PrintScreen key, and open a program like Paint, then click Edit => Paste to paste the screenshot.

B. Download a DOS screen grabber utility, e.g. from here:
*www.3dgamers.com/utils/
alternatively,

2.) Irfanview has a Hotkey function, which can save a captured image as any file type you can imagine, at your command, or at pre-determined intervals.

now,

3.) if your using DOSBox, you can press CTRL-F5 to save a screenshot.

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Run it in windows, installed in a virtual machine, and take screenshots in the host OS. Thats what I always do for dos programs.

Run it under a window on your Vista/XP and press Ctrl+PrintScreen to capture a screen shot. Paste that in Paint/GIMP etc. and save it :)

antz.bin

Trying to find my feet...
I am a Final Yr student B.tech IT. gone through the same problems.
i used a software called screen theif for my egavga.bgi assignments. contact me if you dont find anything else. I ll mail it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom