How to start game development company like EA and Ubisoft?

shawn

Right off the assembly line
I want to know how to start a small scale game development company and wanted to know legal formalities required to develop the company?
How much money and time would be consumed for this procedure???
Suggestions are welcomed.:arrow:

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
Well, can you show us some examples of your work? You can start with indie games and slowly expand your team.

OP
S

shawn

I am developing 2D and 3D based mystery fiction game will be having console pc and wii environment and team size would be around 20-25 developers.
But I need to know how to build company(rules and laws to be officially followed to start our own company!!!)
How much duration and money will be needed to do this?

OP
S

shawn

Well, can you show us some examples of your work? You can start with indie games and slowly expand your team.

I am developing 2D and 3D based mystery fiction games will be having console pc and wii environment and my team size would be around 20-25 developers.
But I want information about starting a company for developing games(rules and laws to officially start a company)
and how much time and money it will consume to build a company???:arrow:

OP
S

shawn

Game development-Cracked

PART I

1)How to start game development?
2)What skill is necessary?
3)On which platform we should move for game development(and which technical languages and scripts)?
4)Which kind of games can we really make?
5)What is the scope for game development(for Future perspective)?

Note: Please reply the way as this post is for beginners...:arrow:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Re: Game development-Cracked

Start making indie games like I wanna be the guy
IWBTG! A Very Hard Game About a Boy and 8-bit Masochism!

Rack up the difficulty so that no one but couple of guys with loads of times will complete it.

uday

Banned
start a website which describes your work post some videos on youtube...
let people know your work.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Re: Game development-Cracked

PART I

1)How to start game development?
2)What skill is necessary?
3)On which platform we should move for game development(and which technical languages and scripts)?
4)Which kind of games can we really make?
5)What is the scope for game development(for Future perspective)?

Note:please reply the way as this post is for beginners...:arrow:
1.Passion and love for games is most important skill apart from imaginative powers, arts and lot of geekdom.
2.Depends which platform you and your team can deal with and handle.
By the way for indie devs mobile platform and web based games are most attractive.
3.Same as 2. C++/Java can be choice for programming..more games are done with c++.Using SDK like unreal engine 3 and unity 3d will be good.Arts department should be strong.
4.Everything. Bound by your imagination and will power.:) SKY IS THE LIMIT.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Start off with 2D first.

Learn SDL and then OpenGL/ES. It will be easy to port games from Windows to Linux/Mac/Android then. As SDL is well supported on many platforms. OpenGL and OpenGL ES are multi-platform as well.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Start off with 2D first.

Learn SDL and then OpenGL/ES. It will be easy to port games from Windows to Linux/Mac/Android then. As SDL is well supported on many platforms. OpenGL and OpenGL ES are multi-platform as well.

XNA framework is good too to kickstart 2d game development using c++ and c# on windows platform but it uses direct x API!:)

Tachyon1986

In the zone
2D games can do really well, provided they have good writing and gameplay. Notable examples would be Breath of Death,Cthulhu Saves the World and especially Terraria. I suggest starting off with them first.

Top Bottom