how to share internet between two system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Frnds..
I knw such Q has been asked earlier also..but I think I have some different issue.

I have one laptop and one desktop...and I want to share internet.
I am running internet on laptop using a usb cable.And I have connected the laptop and destop using LAN.
Now hw sud I configure to internet on both.

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
If your router supports both USB as well as Ethernet interfaces, you can use them for each of your devices. I personally haven't tried it out, but my school library has two computers sharing a single connection in that way.

mediator

Technomancer
1. Proceed as in post I gave before
2. Since ur sharing via LAn, open network connections and double click the Ethernet/Lan connection=>Properties,
3. In tcp/IP section, fill 192.168.0.1 in static IP (of laptop)
4. Similarly in ur, fill 192.168.0.2 in static IP(of Desktop)
5. U can fill the DNS entries by finding ur present DNS entries or u can get much efficient and less crowded public DNS servers. Google "public dns servers" for that!

Ur done!

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
mediator said:
1. Proceed as in post I gave before
2. Since ur sharing via LAn, open network connections and double click the Ethernet/Lan connection=>Properties,
3. In tcp/IP section, fill 192.168.0.1 in static IP (of laptop)
4. Similarly in ur, fill 192.168.0.2 in static IP(of Desktop)
5. U can fill the DNS entries by finding ur present DNS entries or u can get much efficient and less crowded public DNS servers. Google "public dns servers" for that!

Ur done!

and wht abt deafult gateway..n others

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
If ur Laptop is working fine with USB cable and is able to get connected to the net then u dont need to worry about that!

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
I hav a broadband cnxn nd a laptop. I want to share d BB cnxn with my frnds lappy who sits near me. Can i share? If yes how?

Last edited:

suraj

Journeyman
Manshahia said:
I hav a broadband cnxn nd a laptop. I want to share d BB cnxn with my frnds lappy who sits near me. Can i share? If yes how?

i have not tried yet ,it may possible .just attached a usb cable on both system .first keep adress un changed means let it gain automatic ip adress .
if it does not work then give ip adress fallowing "mediator" thread process.

mediator

Technomancer
@manshia : I hope i dont have to repeat. Ur case is same as that of @ravi. U wanna connect laptop to laptop. U can do that via ethernet (as in case of @ravi) or connect wirelessly. In either case u just need to configure the interface in the same way as I explained!

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
mediator said:
If ur Laptop is working fine with USB cable and is able to get connected to the net then u dont need to worry about that!
than hw can I connect my destop to net though laptop.

mediator

Technomancer
Connect the lappy to Internet as u connect via USB. Then connect Lappy with desktop via ethernet. Then follow as said! Read carefully and follow!

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
mediator said:
Connect the lappy to Internet as u connect via USB. Then connect Lappy with desktop via ethernet. Then follow as said! Read carefully and follow!
ok i will try it again n than post the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom