How to resolve memory errors

Hi. I'm using 2x 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz Hyundai rams. recently I was facing many BSODs so I ran memtest86+. I generated >10k errors. I isolated the error to one of the two modules. In the faulty module, I get ~14000 errors when running test 5 (which stresses the ram). Also, while running memtest86+, the PC turns off itself and sometimes memtest stops running and display is corrupted. All this occurs only when using the single faulty module.

root.king

geek in action
get any trust worthy branded rams like transcend,Kingston,corsair or g.skill

Last edited:
OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Actually, only one out of my two 2 GB ram is bad. I'll have to something with similar timings. Any other parameters I need to keep in mini when using two dissimilar rams together?

Actually, only one out of my two 2 GB ram is bad. I'll have to something with similar timings. Any other parameters I need to keep in mini when using two dissimilar rams together?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
corrupted RAM modules can't be repaired...and don't use it with good RAM.who knows the working RAM modules might be corrupted.

PS: didn't knew hyundai makes RAM modules or is it hynix?
Corsair RMA is THE Best :wink:

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
corrupted RAM modules can't be repaired...and don't use it with good RAM.who knows the working RAM modules might be corrupted.

Actually, there are three brand names associated: Hyundai, Hynix and Dynet

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

hyundai is the old name of the hynix :D and on 2001 hynix completely detached itself from hyundai to progress with it's own memory modules business.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
BTW, this is the OP's idea of solving the problem:
*i.imgur.com/h9kj29U.png

Not cool. Not cool at all. A person being in this forum for this long and made a lot of comments doing this? Is this how you get rid of your problems? By duping people?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
not good man, you should not cheat people by selling faulty RAM, it will set bad example for online Indian forums, you are a senior member and we expect good work from you

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, if it's really bad Op should not sell this .. I still remember all sorts of issues I've faced due to a faulty ram module. I'm wondering why not OP just RMA the ram module and if he needs to sell it just sell it after that ?

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Okay, let me clear the scene:

> I got BSODs -> I ran memtest -> I got errors.

> 3 days later -> I inserted faulty module -> I ran memtest for an hour -> I got 0 errors.

> Yesterday -> I inserted faulty module -> I ran memtest for 3 hours -> I got 0 errors.

Games work fine, system works fine even when only the faulty module is used.

> I got an interested buyer.

> I ran memtest for 3 hours and got no errors.

> I offer 30 days money-back guarantee.

> I decide to call him to my home and run memtest for him.

About RMA:

> I didn't have the packaging so I called the dealer and he said the warranty period is just 1 year.

> I dropped to Strontium's website yesterday which mentioned lifetime warranty.

I have not sold the module.

Is this still cheating when I call the customer to my home, run memtest in front of him and offer 30 days money back guarantee?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Memtest should be run for atleast 4-6 hours atleast, but leaving that aside, you first said that one of the sticks was failing in memtest and now its not? For how long did you run the memtest when you got the error the first time?

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Memtest should be run for atleast 4-6 hours atleast, but leaving that aside, you first said that one of the sticks was failing in memtest and now its not? For how long did you run the memtest when you got the error the first time?

At first, the errors started showing only from second pass. Don't remember the time duration. But later as no errors were appearing, I concluded it as a static issue as I cleaned the system and reassembled on the day I got errors.

Zangetsu

Is this still cheating when I call the customer to my home, run memtest in front of him and offer 30 days money back guarantee?

RAM plays dirty games with us sometimes...and what will u do if after 30 days the RAM fails in memTest?

if RAM is in warranty then better RMA it ASAP and u will have to submit both modules (even if one is faulty) as I did with Corsair RAM RMA in the past

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
RAM plays dirty games with us sometimes...and what will u do if after 30 days the RAM fails in memTest?

if RAM is in warranty then better RMA it ASAP and u will have to submit both modules (even if one is faulty) as I did with Corsair RAM RMA in the past

> As the ram was working well later, so I concluded it as a static issue rather than a defective module. So, I didn't think about >30 days period.

> As I got to know that the warranty period of the "EVM" ram is 3 years and not two years (as reported by the shopkeeper), I have submitted for RMA.

Zangetsu

Yes it is. But, would you still call what I was doing as an act of cheating?
all of us thought that when u wrote
"one of the RAM is showing error in memtest so I'm selling it.."

knowing that something is wrong and purposely selling it to gain some profit is cheating
and generally its seen many times the seller sells defective product purposely to make buyer cry out loud :cry: and basically that is not a good practice
well its not chat section but
recently u must have seen a building collapsed in Mumbra (who is to blame the builder)

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
we all welcome your decision to get it RMAed and then offer it for sell, it shows are are a good person (after listening to us :) ) , if people buy things from forum and it turns out faulty after sometime, people will loose trust and hope in online forum, and who knows, in future you might be also at receiving end, remember whatever you do always comes back to you.....

its a good decision

Top Bottom