How to rename multiple files in one time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANURAG SHARMA

Journeyman
Hi frnds,
plz help me suppose i am havings lots of files having names like 1,2,3,4,etcwith diff names and I want to rename like as 1digit,2digit,3digit likewise,how can i do that? plz notice I don't need autonumbering like 1234.
plz treat dis.

Thanks in advance......

prinz

Journeyman
ANURAG SHARMA said:
Hi frnds,
plz help me suppose i am havings lots of files having names like 1,2,3,4,etcwith diff names and I want to rename like as 1digit,2digit,3digit likewise,how can i do that? plz notice I don't need autonumbering like 1234.
plz treat dis.

Thanks in advance......

select all files (Ctrl+A) you want to rename and press F2 then type the name you want... it will be automatically renamed...

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Get this awesome renaming utility, which i use to rename songs since i dont like TITLE 1 and blah blah. I like them organised :D

*rename.lupasfreeware.org/zips/setupEN.exe

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The best rename software I've come across yet is Ant Renamer which is also both free and open-source (Its always great to read string manipulation programs, for me at least :D)

You can get it here and explore the various options. It has a ton of them like extracting ID3 info to rename MP3s, and so on. So it won't just stop at helping you with the numbers, you can call on it for a lot other purposes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom