How to remove heatsink?

Hi, I have an Intel DH61WW. all temperatures are low except the PCH which always remains at 43 C in winters. So, I want to remove the southbridge's heatsink, apply some Arctic Silver 5, and fix it again hoping that the temperatures would lower down.
But I just cant remove the southbridge heatsink. Does anyone know how to remove it?

*dl-web.dropbox.com/get/E236X518Y8R7_06.jpg?w=3a40dc73&dl=1

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
I've the same model board..intel's site shows that there is a bug in bios which shows temperature incorrectly in bios screen..as per their latest bios 'update history' file it shows clearly that they've fixed the issue..check out the pdf..

Also use some temp application like speccy.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
I've the same model board..intel's site shows that there is a bug in bios which shows temperature incorrectly in bios screen..as per their latest bios 'update history' file it shows clearly that they've fixed the issue..check out the pdf..

Also use some temp application like speccy.

The release note says "Fixed issue where processor temperature is incorrect in BIOS setup." processor, not southbridge/B]. But I still updates the bios and the pch temperatures are still 43 C.
here is a screenshot:
*dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Untitled.png?w=2676d680&dl=1

Did updating the bios had any affect in temp readings in your system?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Umm, you shouldn't.
I don't know anything any Intel's warranty clauses, but check whether removing southbridge heatsink invalidates warranty or not before actually doing it.

If you really want to, then look for mini-clamp/push-button/screw.

saswat23

Human Spambot
IMO you are not allowed to remove those heat sinks. You can remove your HSF and apply TIM on your processor, but not on SB and NB heat sinks.

Top Bottom