shakti

Journeyman
i think Low Level Formating is the

best Idea to Remove bad sectors.

and If u have better than that
Then inform me

dabster

In the zone
I too have bad sectors(chkdsk c: shows 4 KB of bad sectors) on my samsung 80GB HD, I have bought it 3 months back, Is it possible to get it replaced, I mean i want to know that they consider bad sectors as the reason for changing HD or not...
And it is also producing some noise...

but dudes, once i had bad clusters (i dont know whether it occured through virus or due to physical damage) on my disk and when i formatted the disk all of them disappeared....

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
whats ur OS?

if its win XP try to run a manual scandisk by clicking on properties and selecting "try recover of bad sectors"...

and click on scan

IT HELPS...

-SUDE

satbir

Broken In
dabster said:
I too have bad sectors(chkdsk c: shows 4 KB of bad sectors) on my samsung 80GB HD, I have bought it 3 months back, Is it possible to get it replaced, I mean i want to know that they consider bad sectors as the reason for changing HD or not...
And it is also producing some noise...

i think u r lucky....... u got it so damn soon......... contact ur vendor and ur disk will b replaced........... i got mine(samsung) replaced 2 yrs back.......... make sure u have the bill or else u r in sane......

another thing that i'd like to ask is ...... wat exactly is low level formatting...... is it just the normal formatting that we do in dos(without /q i.e. qiock formatting) or is it something else.

moreover suppose we have 2 disks one of them is perfectly fine and the other one is having some physical bad clusters........ is it safe to run the 2 disks simuntaneously??? i mean will the damaged disk affect the healthy disk??

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
U can try this out

HDD Regenerator 1.51 $59.95
HDD Regenerator is a unique program for regeneration of physically damaged hard disk drives. It does not hide bad sectors, it really restores them!

*www.dposoft.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom