How to remove a file/trojan? Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hey guys I've done a silly mistake. An email from some idiot came into my Ymail and it subjected as 'you look so goofy in this picture' and I though someone playing with my photo. I downloaded the attachment came in the email, extracted it and it was an .exe file named as IMG958, and there I did another mistake, I double clicked on it and something got installed. I am quire sure it's some hacking trozan or stuffs like that, as you can expect it wasn't listed there in Add/Remove programs in CP. Now how can I delete this garbage?
Attaching a pic also,
*i39.tinypic.com/2uzf248.jpg

TIA.

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
Re: How to remove a file/trozan? Urgent

Firstly it's called Trojan not Trozan. Update your antivirus & do a complete scan of your pc.
Also, Show me a screenclip of task manager & start up folder.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

@OP: u did a silly mistake of clicking a suspicious .exe file.
which Antivirus are u using?seems its outdated :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

if you directly cannot delete it use unlocker to delete it.
Download Unlocker 1.9.1 - FileHippo.com
Get a good free antivirus like Avast or Avg and do a scan after updating it.

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek

@OP: u did a silly mistake of clicking a suspicious .exe file.
which Antivirus are u using?seems its outdated :)

It seems to be Norton Antivirus, Also looks like the antivirus is updated. The size of the file is just 36kb that is something shocking. The file could be a downloader. It could be crypted to bypass antiviruses.

use kaspersky internet security, one of the best.

You dumb peoples a anti-virus couldn't protect yourself, You need to use your brain too. :wink:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

upload the file to virustotal. it'll show which antivirus detects it as threat. download one of them and do a scan. if avira or emsisoft detects it, download it and install the scanner module and do a system scan. if they fail to remove, you'll be notified to restart windows and cleaning will be done at next reboot. do and problem should be solved.

dibya_kol

In the zone

It seems to be Norton Antivirus, Also looks like the antivirus is updated. The size of the file is just 36kb that is something shocking. The file could be a downloader. It could be crypted to bypass antiviruses.

You dumb peoples a anti-virus couldn't protect yourself, You need to use your brain too. :wink:

Take a chill pill bro and use ur eye and brain before quote something. A proper internet security like kaspersky or bitdefender, protects from nt only virus, it also protects from spam, trozan, spy .. And from a lot of things. If something seems suspicious kaspersky won't allow u run it or it will ask before run, so that u can run it in ur own risk ..

Last edited:

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek

Take a chill pill bro and use ur eye and brain before quote something. A proper internet security like kaspersky or bitdefender, protects from nt only virus, it also protects from spam, trozan, spy .. And from a lot of things. If something seems suspicious kaspersky won't allow u run it or it will ask before run, so that u can run it in ur own risk ..

Sorry for getting too much angry. If the virus is crypted or coded from own it can bypass any av in the world. An antivirus suite will not help you from that. The most people don't run files downloaded from internet in sandbox or vm first. Also if you look the op has norton still the malicious file bypassed it. So a security suite alone can't do much. You need to use your brain.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

So, people still get trapped in an "email" virus! :/

@OP: You can use Sysinternals's Process explorer to trace the exe file, and use unlocker to delete it!

But, still an email Birus!! :lol:

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Firstly it's called Trojan not Trozan. Update your antivirus & do a complete scan of your pc.
Also, Show me a screenclip of task manager & start up folder.
*i39.tinypic.com/w17dhz.jpg
if you directly cannot delete it use unlocker to delete it.
Download Unlocker 1.9.1 - FileHippo.com
Get a good free antivirus like Avast or Avg and do a scan after updating it.
How to open this Unlocker? Nothing opens when I click on Unlocker!!!
upload the file to virustotal. it'll show which antivirus detects it as threat. download one of them and do a scan. if avira or emsisoft detects it, download it and install the scanner module and do a system scan. if they fail to remove, you'll be notified to restart windows and cleaning will be done at next reboot. do and problem should be solved.
Uploaded. The result is here, please have a look,
*www.virustotal.com/file/18bd92ac20...9e546c6029b6df599ba54b28/analysis/1330109461/

Pics of Virustotal,
*i42.tinypic.com/33nhzer.jpg
*i44.tinypic.com/s3iw6a.jpg

FYI, I have Norton Internet Security as you can see in task bar, and yes it's updated, I am not that dumb, using NIS for last five years or more and I am in mind to change unless I found anything better.
Going to do a full system scan, but no idea how would I be sure that that damn thing is actually deleted or not!

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

download emsisoft antimalware. install, update and do a full system scan (or just scan the file).

looks like some kind of trojan downloader. had encountered these things before also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom