how to recover data from a afaulty hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow2get

In the zone
Guys my hard disk is burnt, i may suspect the IC was lost, is there any way to recover the data from it ?

Guys, Even my SATA HDD was also burnt up. The Circuit Board had an IC gone.

I took it to 2 of the best known HDD Data Recovery centers in Bangalore.
1st was "DiskDoctor" guy told he would take Rs. 30000 + 5000 deposit. If data is recovered, then pay 30000. else nothing.
Next went to Stellar Data Recovery center. On their website, they have mentioned they will recover physically damaged HDD. When I asked abt mine, they told they don't Repair/Recover the HDD which is physically damaged.

My Last & faithful option was in SP Road. I know a shop where I had earlier got my friend's HDD recovered (It was not showing up in BIOS). Went as a last resort. He inspected the damage done by the IC. Told me he can repair the IC. Data will be 100% safe guaranteed. But there is a risk factor.
He also told me it would cost 900 bucks. After waiting abt 45 mins, he called me & showed the HDD .... fully working.

So the HDD can be repaired & recovered if anything on the Circuit board is gone/damaged/burnt.

For your Reference, Click the image link below to see my SATA HDD which was damaged.
*seagate.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/seaga...&p_tbl=1&p_created=1196582688&p_file_id=69816

In the image, the IC to your left has been damaged.

FYI, the technician who repaired the HDD told me that the whole board which you can see in the image is Replacable.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ thats just a capacitor man. it can be replaced easily by basic technicians. BTW if it was for other IC then it would be a problem.

@batista , post a photo of the burnt HDD.

shadow2get

In the zone
^^ thats just a capacitor man. it can be replaced easily by basic technicians. BTW if it was for other IC then it would be a problem.

@batista , post a photo of the burnt HDD.

FYI, he had shown me just the Circuit Boards (having all the parts, including your ICs), which he had stocked himself with.

@batista ... Like charan said, Post the image man. We can clarify things better.

shadow2get

In the zone
Please share name of the shop on SP Road

This is the shop where I got it repaired.

Contact Person: Syed

F.A. Computers
No 5, Welcome Plaza, 3rd Cross,
P.R. Lane, S.P. Road,
Bangalore - 560002

Tel: 080 - 4169 6229
Mobile: 98450 87133, 98459 35227

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom