How to record a gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

.NET Guru
hi guys,
i just wanted to record my gameplay during games like HL2 & DOOM 3
what s/ws do i need (please do mention link to download)
thanks in advance

MegaD3th3K

Broken In
i use WINDOWS MEDIA ENCODER 9 available from www.microsoft.com (sorry d00d, no direct link). size is around 10mb.
WMV encoding is slow. since u r playin games like HL2 & DOOM 3, i guess u hav a reasonably good config. so there shud be no prob for u.
Im sure there r tons of other appz for screen capture which might be better than WME.

OP
Champ

Champ

.NET Guru
puja399 said:
Use FRAPS to record Audio & video during gameplay, and monitor FPS too.

i have tried Frapa
but as soon as i press F9(to Rec)
my fps drops signeficantly and i am unable to continue normal gaming
my GC is Good one 6600GT and i paly most of the games at very decent settings and FPS is always over 40 but as soon as i start recording fps drops to 10-15

please suggest any other s/w

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
thechamp said:
i have tried Frapa
but as soon as i press F9(to Rec)
my fps drops signeficantly and i am unable to continue normal gaming
my GC is Good one 6600GT and i paly most of the games at very decent settings and FPS is always over 40 but as soon as i start recording fps drops to 10-15

please suggest any other s/w

Its obvious frames will drop when u run fraps , set the fraps capture to 20fps it helps, drop the resolution of the game to 640x480 unless u want to make a hd 1024x768 resol video, 640x480 will be a pretty good resolution for a video.

or u can try 'gamecam' , not many ppl know abt it but i found it better than fraps , not on performance but in ease of use , and it compressses and encodes the frames captured on the fly in the desired format .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom