Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
update. I realised now what the problem is. Details given below:

NAT config

*img175.exs.cx/img175/1668/nat17po.th.jpg

NAT part 2!!

*img175.exs.cx/img175/4706/nat25ne.th.jpg

Now I have talk to Airtel!! sheesh. Any ideas guys ???

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Cr@p, find out if you can telnet into the router. Open a CLI, and then telnet to it. If they haven't made any major changes to the GS7070 chipset or changed the firmware too much, you should be able to telnet into it without a problem. If you telnet into it, then run this command:
console enable
followed by:
nat inbound list
and see if it registers/displays anything or returns to the CLI without an error. If it does, we may be in luck. And since I am kinda working blind here, more screenshots of your telnet session would be great. :)

digen

Youngling
Ahaa very typical of airtel ! Btw that first screenshot isnt actually we are looking for but NAT part yes.Unless you look under NAT settings you wont be able to know whether there are options to forwarding ports or not.
You may try telneting the router address & look for various commands for nat as such.
If i'm not mistaken then Remote Access if for configuring your router from the internet which is not what you want to do.I hope you read about this feature incase if you decide to play with it future.

EDIT:Damn you enoon,beat me to it. :evil:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Sorry Guys i think i am the "dud" here Its not working I had tried this earlier and now just did all what was said but again when i run apache and loggin at my public ip only the ADSL Modem's config page comes up. The test page of apache does not show. Am i missing a step here?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmm, I think what's happening is that when the request comes in for your IP, your router resolves it, and instead of passing it along to the computer, it takes it up on itself and opens up the admin page. Try adding a port forward for port 80 using the same procedure and push it up to the top of the list. That should take care of it. If that doesn't work, I cant think of doing anything else except setting up the server to listen on another port or disabling the remote admin for the router. :( I will take a look at my friend's connnection tomorrow evening and let you know.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, you were right. The shops were indeed closed for Holi. :D I called them up and nobody responded, so I assumed that they were closed. Anyway, I think maybe we can make it this weekend. Looking out for some new PS2 games in the market. :D

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
telnet session

*i160.exs.cx/img160/421/telnet2wg.th.jpg

but it doesnt work. If I try my modem ip: port it just says refused to connect. I even tried restarting the router in which case the nat config is lost. This is getting wierder and wierder

edit:

found a link which has all the commands for this router :

*www.solwiseforum.co.uk/downloads/files/isos70_to_80_console.pdf

So all those that can figure something out let us know.

digen

Youngling
Looking at the screenshot it appears as though a rule is present to allow requests to port 8080.
Anyways issue this command after the nat inbound list that you've performed so far.

192.168.1.1> nat inbound add yoon-0 80/tcp 192.168.1.6
Now check if the rule has been added or not by issuing
192.168.1.1>nat inbound

Try saving the config file for the changes made so far,

192.168.1.1>config save

If successful pm your IP address for the webserver,i'll try accessing it & get back to your.Post back with the results.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
digen, the 8080 rule is present since I set it up. I have apache running on port 8080. I cannot add port 80 since the modems webserver is running on port 80. Tried everything to stop it and change the port just doesnt work. Anyways I have set it up to run on port 81. See if it works. Doubt it will. PMed you my ip.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@digen: Man, I am confused with that command you gave icecoolz. What on Earth is yoon-0 and how come the computer's IP address is 192.168.1.6? :? I scanned through the whole thread and I dont know where icecoolz put up his WAN interface and his computer's static IP. Did he PM you the details? So, technically shouldn't the nat add command be preceded by the nat interfaces[/b] command, so he can figure out what is his WAN interface name? And the command for checking if the port has been added should be nat inbound list, don't you think? :)

@icecoolz: I dont know how you got that info you did, because somehow I dont think that would work, as should have been obvious by now. First, find out your computer's IP address with the ipconfig command. (Your private IP not the public one). Also, make a note of the interface name listed here. Then login to the router, enter console enable and then enter nat interfaces. Then type in:
nat inbound add <i/f> 80/tcp <IP address>

Replace the i/f name and the IP address with the info from ipconfig and nat interfaces. Enter config save and then try it out again. Hopefully, this time it may work, if it doesn't you have to either disable remote admin or at least switch to another router that gives you more control over port forwarding, so you can forward port 80 to some other port on which you have your webserver running.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
@enoonmai: The yoon-0 is the name of my interface. It says so in Web Distributor II and also when I telnet to the modem. Also he got the IP address from the image I posted earlier :)

I am looking at another solution also. I dont have it here. Will PM you the details when I get home.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
OK, let me know how it turns out. :D I was suddenly wondering where this yoon-0 had come from. Thanks for clearing that up. I hope you can find a way to fix this. :D

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Here's another wierd thing. If I switch off and switch on my modem the config changes that I did is lost! Even if I do a config save !! It shows it while its still there but nothing after that. Another thing how on earth do I exit from a telnet session ? :D Me new to telnet....I usually use SSH

digen

Youngling
Wokay I will check it out at my friends place for the dataone & as for the airtel I will post screenies of the yozan wireless which icecoolz has.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Ok, this is directed all DataOne users. I just got my DataOne connection today. The guys came with the ADSL router and when they plugged it on, it was showing all WAN links as down. The ADSL Link light is glowing intermittently and the ADSL Mode is being taken as T1.413, while the default mode is set to multi-mode. I've seen people with the G.dmt modes and frankly, I am losing my head right now. The guys said they would come down and do a line test tomorrow, and by the looks of it, they have no clue as to what's going on. :( I personally think its something wrong with the telephone line otherwise the ADSL link should be steady and not intermittent. Somebody please help! :(

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
wohkay...got it to work...not the conventional method tho. All the port configuring and forwarding at the router level did not work. No matter what I tried. What I actually did was used a PPPoE bridge. basically this bridged my PPP and my Ethernet, I then went on to create dial up connection on it and viola connected instantly. For all those wondering check out

icecoolz.serveftp.com

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ok....here are the detailed instructions.I did exactly the same and it worked fine. I dont see why it shouldnt work for other modem models as well :

Note this is for the airtel modem which I have tried and tested. For other modems change the information as you see fit!!

STEP 1 :: Instructions for configuring modem settings

1) Open your web browser
2) Type "192.168.1.1" in the Address bar of your web browser and open the website
3) You must have reached the modem's admin page with the heading - Web Distributor
4) Click on configuration on the side menu
5) Click on WAN Connections
6) Enter your admin username and password (default is "admin" for both)
7) You may see an existing WAN Service with a name of "yoon-0"
8) Click on Delete to remove the existing service
9) Click on Create a new service
10) Select "RFC 1483 bridged" as the type of service and click on Configure
11) Enter any description and enter VPI=1 and VCI=32 (leave the rest of the options as they are)
12) Click on Apply
13) Click on Save Config in the side menu and save the new configuration
14) Go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Right Click on your LAN connection > Properties
15) Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on Properties
16) Select the options "Obtain an IIP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" and click on OK
17) Close the LAN properties dialog and control panel
18) Restart the computer and the modem

STEP 2 :: Instructions for installing the pppoE dialer (for Windows XP users only)

1) Extract the file raspppoe.zip (here is the link for it : *rapidshare.de/files/1100965/pppoe.zip.html)
2) Open the Control Panel
3) Switch to Classic View
4) Open My Connections
5) Find your LAN connection icon, right click it and select properties
6) Click on install
7) Select Protocol and click on Add
8) Click on the Have Disk button and then click on Browse
9) Browse to the folder where you extracted raspppoe.zip file in step 1
10) Select the file "winpppoe.inf" and click on Open
11) The driver will now get installed. Click on the Continue button, if you get any windows logo-testing warning messages
12) If the driver was successfully installed, then a new item in LAN properties will appear - PPP over Ethernet Protocol
13) Close the LAN properties dialog and the control panel
14) Restart computer and modem
15) Go to Start > Run > Type "raspppoe" and press Enter
16) Select your ethernet adapter and Click on Query Available Services
17) In case you get an error message saying "No PPP over Ethernet service offers are received", see below to troubleshoot this error
18) If you see the Access Concentrators of the Airtel Servers in the list, then you have successfully installed the raspppoe dialer and you may continue with the next step
19) Go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Create a new connection
20) Click on Next > Connect to the internet > Set up my connection manually > Connect using broadband connection that requires a user name and password > Enter Airtel > Enter User Name as your phone number with STD code (eg. 01151787010) and your Airtel Broadband Account password > Click on "Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop"

STEP 3 :: Instructions for testing your new connection

1) Click on the the new "Airtel (PPPOE)" icon on the desktop and connect
2) A new icon in the notification area will appear
3) Go to Start > Run > Type "cmd" > Type "ping google.com -t"
4) If the host is pinging successfully, then your computer is now connected to the internet successfully. Congratulations!

Instructions for troubleshooting the error "No PPP over Ethernet service offers are received"

1) Uninstall the newly created WAN service from the modem's admin pages and save configuration
2) Uninstall the newly installed PPP over Ethernet Protocol from the LAN properties
3) Delete the newly created pppoe dialup connection from Control Panel > My Connections
4) Reset the modem by inserting a ping behind it
5) Go to the modem's admin page > System > Restart > Select the option to Restore factory settings and restart the modem from there
6) Install the new WAN Service again by following instructions in STEP 1 mentioned above
7) Restart the computer and the modem
8) Install the raspppoe protocol again by following instructions in STEP 2 mentioned above
9) Create the new pppoE dialup connection again by following steps 18-20 in STEP 2 and test it as in STEP 3

In case you still get the same error, then maybe you have an older version of the Web Distributor II firmware.

Try your luck ;) (oh and thanks digen for pushin me to publish this !)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom