how to make pen drive bootable..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hi...
i have a transcend and kingston pen drive.
and i have a bootable dvd of ubuntu.
Now i want to know that how can i make my pen drive bootable so that i can use ubuntu,as i dont want to install it.
Also i dont have any software/cd for my pen drive.
Help me plz.:):confused:

mrintech

Technomancer
These Links will help you:

* *www.howtogeek.com/howto/linux/create-a-bootable-ubuntu-usb-flash-drive-the-easy-way/

* *tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/11/12/create-a-bootable-usb-drive-the-easy-way-in-ubuntu-810/

* *www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/01/25/usb-x-ubuntu-610/

Or Google:*www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=create+bootable+usb+for+ubuntu&btnG=Google+Search&aq=3&oq=

;)

Normally to make a pendrive bootable, you format it with FAT16 file system (enabling common dos based bootloaders like grub4dos to load) and then copy the contents of the zip file bootable usb versions of boot OSes usually come with directly into the root of the pendrive.

For Ubuntu, I suggest unetbootin, though it does not work all the time.

Another way is to format pendrive as ext2 and install the distro in it the normal way using live CD. This works most often. Do this if unetbootin does not work.

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
thnx for ur quick suggestions.........
but im not able to perform these task.......
can u just plz give me detailed information.....!!
thnx

mrintech

Technomancer
Detailed Information here:

These Links will help you:

* *www.howtogeek.com/howto/linux/create-a-bootable-ubuntu-usb-flash-drive-the-easy-way/

* *tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/11/12/create-a-bootable-usb-drive-the-easy-way-in-ubuntu-810/

* *www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/01/25/usb-x-ubuntu-610/

Or Google:*www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=create+bootable+usb+for+ubuntu&btnG=Google+Search&aq=3&oq=

;)

;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@OP
you are linux incompatible, please stick to windows (or perhaps mac)

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
oh really.........:!::!:
thnx for ur passimistic suggestions........
but its of no use........as i have already worked on different flavors of linux........ubuntu, mandriva.....
i didnt have tym so asked the quest.........
thnx anyway......:cool:

amitava82

MMO Addict
I seriously doubt your expertise n Linux or computer itself. If you had worked on Linux before, you wouldn't have asked this question at the first place.

And regarding your expertise in Computer, if you can't download a single file (with direct download link given) and follow simple instruction like this:

*www.clearpixels.net/upload/uploads/91521354634528291384.jpg

which prove otherwise. Next time, have enough time to complete your sentence at least.

I agree with amitava and T159. Some things operations are more like self tests. If you can't do them, you are not good enough to do the rest. So don't end up posting here 10 days later and get a "I told you so" reply. Learning linux needs time, which you lack, according to your own post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom