How to make my desktop look like this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
was just surfing Ubuntuforums and saw these stunning KDE desktops..
*tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs24/300W/i/2007/365/9/2/January_1st___Linux___1_by_Opeth115.png
*opeth115.deviantart.com/art/J...nux-1-73456079

*tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs23/300W/i/2007/365/8/1/January_1st___Linux___2_by_Opeth115.png
*opeth115.deviantart.com/art/J...nux-2-73456133

Oh and here's what i posted in the other thread like 10 minutes before it was closed...

*tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs24/300W/i/2007/365/a/1/Linux_Dec_31st_by_Opeth115.png
*opeth115.deviantart.com/art/L...-31st-73443890

*tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs23/300W/i/2007/365/6/a/Linux_Dec_31st___amarok_by_Opeth115.png

Is there guide so that I can customize KDE like this / Note : I am no KDE user so be gentle :p

amitava82

MMO Addict
I don't see anything special there. Just Compiz, KDE themes, amarok theme and the bottom panel is auto expand mode I think.

V

vaibhavtek

Nothing special in it. Main part is to get a good wall paper. Others just compiz and themes stuff. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/18a.gif

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Seems like KDE version of Ani's Mac4Lin

Baghira:
for emerald:
Dream Tiger for Baghira is even better:
*www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/D...a?content=45372
TigerLike:
*www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/T...a?content=68500

default baghira (no compiz):
*www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/B...ra?content=8692

kooldock
*www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/k...k?content=50910
extra icons:
*www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/K...s?content=67013

of course screenlets
*www.screenlets.org/index.php/Home
and screenshots
*www.screenlets.org/index.php/Screenshots

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
As a matter of fact KDE is more configurable than GNOME. The MacMenu (top menu on panel) is available directly in KDE. The themes add to the overall look. Seems more like a good compilation of themes. Nothing special. Simplicity makes things good :)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
As a matter of fact KDE is more configurable than GNOME. The MacMenu (top menu on panel) is available directly in KDE. The themes add to the overall look. Seems more like a good compilation of themes. Nothing special. Simplicity makes things good :)

Can you tell me how to add Mac Menu and how to resize lower panel like thta .I am a KDE n00b :p btw isn't these screenies have this *kdemod.ath.cx/
Also is there a way to install KDe mod in any other distros :?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I don't use KDE so you'd be better off seeking help elsewhere. However what I do know is that you don't need to hack anything to get the MacMenu bar. Its simple to get it.

Also the panel resize, just set it to auto resize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom