How to login as root in Mandrake 10.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have been used to work in FC and on the login screen, I type my username as root, type password as login as root with all priviledges.

However, in Mandrake, I don't type my username, but select it from the list where root is not included. So I can't login as root. Thru CLI in can su and login. But I am not too well conversant with CLI. How can I login as root? Please help. Thanks.

G

from the few days that I used Mandrake 10.1(I am a suse user)...

There is an option somewhere to show/hide users from the login menu, try that.

also you can use the'su' command in the terminal to get temporary root privileges

R

ravikumar

How to log into root in Mandrake 10.1

Just follow the below steps and you are done with ur job

In the menu
System->Configuration->KDE->system->Login Manager

Now u will be prompted for the root password. Supply the root password and click on the users tab and uncheck the root check box which is checked. Apply the changes and u will be prompted with the root login along with ur user login the login box.

Have fun

:)ravikumar

Charley

Just Do It
try this may help You can enabe root user login with the KDE control centre->system->login manager->users tab->uncheck root

this shud help

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Guys i do not understand why anyone would want to loggin as root running X server . It is the technicaly the most incorrect thing that one can do. Please never do this (it indicates a very poor understanding and usage of linux)

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I don't do this every day or even once a week. But just want to know the way of doing it. So that I don't run around to dig a well when my house is on fire ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom