How to Install 2 Hard Disks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suniltr77

Broken In
I want to recover the data of a corrupted hard disk. When I connected the HDD to a good computer it does not boot at all.When I use only one HDD it boots normally.I have used the jumper settings of the corrupted HDD as slave . What other things to be considered before installing the 2nd HDD.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
1. Set the bad disk as slave by not putting any jumper clip and connect the IDE cable.
2. Check whether the power cable to the bad hard disk is connected properly. I know many people who forget that :-D
3. Power on the system and go to the BIOS by hitting del (or F2, depends on your motherboard)
3. See if the bad disk is getting detected or not in the first place. If it is not showing in the BIOS, press F10 to save and exit and get professional help, I don't think there's much you can do.
4. If you see the disk then set the booting hard disk as your good hard disk, press F10 to save settings and press enter

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
suniltr77 said:
I have used the jumper settings of the corrupted HDD as slave .

check the BIOS to c dat d existing HDD of d good computer is not working as a slave. If it is then put ur own HDD as the Master and set the slave as the first boot device (HDD1, i think)

sourav

In the zone
@slugger

please try to type more.

as it becomes difficult by some to understand ur easily, like me.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@thread starter,

its jumper settings problem, set one as master(see ur hdd labels its given how to use it) and other by slave my remove short pin.

and check ur bios and see that ur master should be first drive to boot.(this feature is available only on recent bios... so check it, if u hav one. )

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
best .... set it to cable select and connect the hdd u want to boot ith to the second connector and the 1 want to copy the data from to the first connector :)

OP
S

suniltr77

Broken In
NucleusKore said:
1. Set the bad disk as slave by not putting any jumper clip and connect the IDE cable.
2. Check whether the power cable to the bad hard disk is connected properly. I know many people who forget that :-D
3. Power on the system and go to the BIOS by hitting del (or F2, depends on your motherboard)
3. See if the bad disk is getting detected or not in the first place. If it is not showing in the BIOS, press F10 to save and exit and get professional help, I don't think there's much you can do.
4. If you see the disk then set the booting hard disk as your good hard disk, press F10 to save settings and press enter

I already set the bad HDD as slave.Power was connected.In Bios it shows only 1 Disk(the good only) If I try to find then also it unable to detect the bad one.When I connect the the bad only to the comp. boots properly(due to corrupted windows doesn't start properly). I don't understand why it is not detecting the 2 simultoneously while it detects each one individually.

slugger

Banned
suniltr77 said:
I already set the bad HDD as slave.Power was connected.In Bios it shows only 1 Disk(the good only) If I try to find then also it unable to detect the bad one.When I connect the the bad only to the comp. boots properly(due to corrupted windows doesn't start properly). I don't understand why it is not detecting the 2 simultoneously while it detects each one individually.

do 1 thin, attach both the HDDs in d same config as it is wen u r shown only 1 HDD in the BIOS (d gud 1)

go 2 d BIOS and c weather d detected HDD is a msater of slave

den take out d gud HDD and boot usin d corrupt HDD (dont change ne jumper settings, just leave it as it is)

since u say it is also gettin detected, go to d BIOS and see wat is it a master or slave (both HDDs cannot be set to the same - Master or slave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom