How to increase video bitrate?

maxtor

Journeyman
I created some videos using Screencast-oMatic but they have a low bitrate of under 200 kbps whereas I need them to be at least 300 kbps. How do I get a high bitrate for the videos?

D@rekills4

In the zone
I created some videos using Screencast-oMatic but they have a low bitrate of under 200 kbps whereas I need them to be at least 300 kbps. How do I get a high bitrate for the videos?

I have never used Screencast-oMatic but there should be an option in settings about bitrate.
Of course, you will have to re-record these videos with your higher bitrate.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
every decent video capture s/w has a bitrate, encoding, codec, container setting.

if it does not, you need to change it.

try out nVidia ShadowPlay. has all these options.

Also, FYI, if the source is 200kbps, there is no point converting it to a higher bitrate video. what is lost in compression for the source, cannot be retrieved in any way.

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
Ok, so this is not for gaming and the best SW for it called Camtasia costs quite a bit. If I could afford it I wouldn't be asking questions here, that's what this community is for.;-)

Screencast o Matic may not be ideal but it is cheap and if anyone knows a way to do it economically(record videos with a high bitrate) please let me know. I need a video bitrate of at least 300 kbps.

D@rekills4

In the zone
Ok, so this is not for gaming and the best SW for it called Camtasia costs quite a bit. If I could afford it I wouldn't be asking questions here, that's what this community is for.;-)

Screencast o Matic may not be ideal but it is cheap and if anyone knows a way to do it economically(record videos with a high bitrate) please let me know. I need a video bitrate of at least 300 kbps.

Camtasia is by far the best one according to me.
I think you should get it (from another source of you cannot afford it).

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

Did you try ShadowPlay?

gameranand

Living to Play

Try this
How to record Desktop Screen using VLC Player on Windows 1

You can also try CamStudio for this purpose. I hear that its quite feature rich. You'll have to try this yourself because I don't record desktops much so only know the surface of it. For my needs VLC capture is enough.

Top Bottom