How to increase download speeds in bittorrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi,

I am using 256kBPS home 500 plan. I have tried 3 clients, bittorrent, utorrent and azareus, but I do not get download speeds of more than 15-16kbps. Is there any way to increase the download speeds to around 28-30kbps, i.e. in the same league as download accelerator? It is not that the torrent health is bad. The sites (torrentportal, torrentbox, etc) report the torrent is not dead and that it is shown as green. The seed-leech ratio is also good.

Is there any change that needs to be done in default ports that the ADSL modem connects? I am using hauwei MT882, nvidia activearmor firewall and norton antivirus 2006.

Please suggest a way to increase my torrent download speeds. Thanks.

B

Brat-Man

Have you Set the Incoming Connection Port?
If You Get a NAT Error.. Most Probably the Port from Which You Recieve Connections is Closed..

Refer to *portforward.com/ and Forward A Random Port (between 50000-60000). and Enter the Port in the Client.

And Do Keep the Upload Speed as 25KB/s.. Not More than That.. It Affects the Download Speed.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Please visit this tutorial posted which will solve your problem:

Faster torrents Config.

You may also search the forum for other tricks other than those given here.

Savvy :!:

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
Ha..Ha
I get downloading speed of 13Kbps and 5Kbps upstream in 64Kbps line of airtel...
Poor man..
I think u need to tune your upload rate as well as the downloading rate make it 1:3 ratio.
I think it should increase your speed..
Best of luck dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom