how to host a lan party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
You need people to host LAN parties (ofcourse, duh!). You also need the games installed on the systems of each and every participant. Then you need a LAN hub, which you can purchase from any PC hardware shop. Hubs are of different capicities, some can support 5, some can 8 and on and on. Then each participant needs to have an ethernet wire. Connect the systems by plugging the ethernet wires into the hub and configuring your IPs in the same range. Then one participant can host and others can join in.

There you go, you have a LAN party!

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I am sorry to ask this question in this thread itself...
I already had played my favorite game RoN in lan...but my friends are now settled elsewhere and some are abroad. Is there anyway to host the game which include only ourselves? Actually tried to use game spy arcade but ... maybe it didn't work or I was not able to make it work... :(

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
excellent...i had used logmein earlier...but i was not aware that it could be used for lan play...thanks prasanna7287

while i was going to install hamachi, i read about wippien which is a freeware....going to use that now ;)
still all credit goes to you prasanna7287

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom