How to get USB-OTG to work in Moto G ??

Not this one
*encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4KoAem6AkWfMCZyglgxoHmo74GHs7x9nzeZrcqf_mrU5l9NGkNA

but this one
*encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPlwN9rLnbOWjnXqvq8A-sA7hxSCFloZ_CkF08gQ3LMA56WkitFQ

I looked around the internet and it seems you need to use a paid software to get OTG functionality. i just got my OTG cable from Flipkart and its not being detected at all. Some Indian users on Youtube are using the same cable on MotoG without any paid software. What sorcery is this???

Plij halp

ankush28

Bazinga
Biggest phail - Not giving proper title to thread -.-

OTG should work without any paid softwares on Moto G.
To use pen drives you *must* format them into FAT32 file journaling system.

Rajesh345

Youngling
Biggest phail - Not giving proper title to thread -.-

OTG should work without any paid softwares on Moto G.
To use pen drives you *must* format them into FAT32 file journaling system.

Are you using 4.4 OS ?

some other forum users also facing issue with 4.4 KK

*forums.motorola.com/posts/b0d3e54f57

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. connect the flash drive with otg cable to the phone
2. go to settings -> storage.
3. click Mount SD card under "USB Storage"

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i had the same issue with nexus 5,7 and moto e apparently some otg cables refuse to work with stock android devices strangely
same cable worked fine on note 2 and s3,best thing is to try it in store before buying

- - - Updated - - -

Nexus and without rooting do not look good together:-D

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks mate

just curious did this work for you? i would like to give it a go if so

ankush28

Bazinga
i had the same issue with nexus 5,7 and moto e apparently some otg cables refuse to work with stock android devices strangely
same cable worked fine on note 2 and s3,best thing is to try it in store before buying
Because all phones you mentioned does not support mounting flash storage natively. To test OTG cables use mouse or keyboard if it works then something else is wrong.

Then try File commander!
PS- don't forget to format drive into FAT32 file journaling system.

$hadow

Geek in making

- - - Updated - - -

just curious did this work for you? i would like to give it a go if so
Just wait for a few days I am surely gonna give it a try

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Because all phones you mentioned does not support mounting flash storage natively. To test OTG cables use mouse or keyboard if it works then something else is wrong.

Then try File commander!
PS- don't forget to format drive into FAT32 file journaling system.

it worked with my friends otg cable which he brought from usa so it has the ability to read not write but its strange when a samsung can read it but stock droids cannot
i used nexus media importers old version(which used to be free) to test though it doesnt have alot of features etc in the old free version so im considering getting a different app and cable

ankush28

Bazinga
it worked with my friends otg cable which he brought from usa so it has the ability to read not write but its strange when a samsung can read it but stock droids cannot
i used nexus media importers old version(which used to be free) to test though it doesnt have alot of features etc in the old free version so im considering getting a different app and cable

Google has locked feature of writing flash storage! Moto G runs stock android and I can read as well as write flash storage B-)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Google has locked feature of writing flash storage! Moto G runs stock android and I can read as well as write flash storage B-)

nice, maybe in a few months ill switch to cyanogenmod or something
any idea why nexus has write restriction though

OP, start using proper thread titles or next time it wont be a warning. [MENTION=1376]mikael_schiffer[/MENTION]

Top Bottom