how to get up in google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
if we just leave theory how can a web master get the website in upper ranks in the google search?

any suggestion,tips and tricks?
idea?
how do they actually work?

go4saket

There are many websites that can help you with this... Even google has its own help feature for this...Try searching it...

Check This : *www.google.com/support/webmasters/

tuxfan

Technomancer
What you are asking is called "Search Engine Optimsation" (SEO) and there are hundreds of articles and books (ebooks) written on this and still no one can claim that I am the master of this trade.

There are various thing that you need to do. Start with a w3c standard compliant code. It may not always be possible to write a 100% compliant code, but try to keep the warnings to minimum. Stop using frames, tables, etc. for web-pages. These are only the very basic things. There are a lot of other things. Take a search at google ;)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Do rememer never to try and cheat google. It may workin the short run but it won't last. And as Ashish said there is lots of information available on SEO on the web. Just follow it to best you can.
1 thing I have seen is posting relevant links to the content and having a link back from those whom you have linked. As long as the links are genuinely related to both your contents it will help you a lot.
Since it is a very hot topic, you will find a lot of information on it. Make some searches on your favourite search engine. AFAIK all or most of the search engines have a different method of ranking, so it will differ a bit in those search engines.
It is considered the best to follow Google's PageRank as google is one of the most widely used search engine. But, as long as you follow good SEO practises, you will get good results in all search engines.
Also, it depends a lot on what search terms are commonly used by most people. Different terms will give different placement as you should know, so try to use as many relevant keywords in your meta tags. But, those words should confirm to your content on the site.
This is as much as I know, not much.

go4saket

• Create a SITE-MAP of your website that will contain links to each & every webpage present in your website.
  • Create a file “robots.txt” in the base directory of your website that will help the robots.
  • Add ALT TEXT to each and every image in your web-site.
  • Avoid DYNAMIC & PHOTO based links, instead use plain HTML links.
  • Use as much text content as possible in your web-pages and content should be worth reading.
  • Add a keyword METATAG with good keywords. Don’t use unnecessary keywords and don’t separate your keywords with commas.
  • Add a description METATAG with a short and appropriate description of your web-page.
  • Try to get your web-site linked by as many other web-sites as possible. The more the number of links to your site, the better ranking achieved.
  • Submit your URL to as many websites as possible, but avoid resubmitting your URL more than ones in a month.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Another thing. As go4saket said, aviod dynamic content, a robot will not be able to index dynamic content. One good way to see what robot will see is using lynx browser(open source), it is available for windows too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom