How to get the movie like effect??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zegulas

Traceur
How do I get the movie like effect in my home videos, because I am planning to do a movie with my friends, using my handycam, but the video playback looks very different than a movie does.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
zegulas said:
How do I get the movie like effect in my home videos, because I am planning to do a movie with my friends, using my handycam, but the video playback looks very different than a movie does.

What kind of effect u want?

Movies like effect are usually made in Adobe After effect, Apple shake, Autodesk 3ds max & Combustion, serious effects need lots of time & effort.

First tell here what kind of effect u want, like water or rain or something like that.

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Do you mean Movie-Look?

If not what type of effects you are interested in? Almost 90% of effects you are seeing on films are pre-planned. You have to prepare your footage for the effect from pre-production itself.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
You can easily recognize a movie from a serial. Its that bluish touch which isn't found on general videos. I think he is speaking of that particular effect.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Yeah totally... movies are easily distinguishable. I never could really figure out why. I guess it must be that bluish touch.

himtuna

Journeyman
To get started try Ulead Video Studio.
Its a good time line based editor with drag and drop effects panel.
or power director is all good one...
then move to adobe after effects, ulead media studio, Sony vega,Matrox Digisuite, DPS Velocity,Newtex Video Toaster and not to forget Avid Line of products,,, the in the premier league.

VideoEditingIndia

Getting a 100% movie Look from DV is impossible. If you have a 24 progressive Camera, you can go for some softwares.

If not, You need to plan yous shoot. Here are soem guides...If youa re more interested, i will explain some more...

*www.videouniversity.com/filmtovi.htm

*www.urbanfox.tv/production/p15filmlookshoot.htm

VideoEditingIndia

Try Windows Movie Maker, works for simple things

Can you explain how to get MovieLook in Windows Movie maker?

yes yes plz explain, n thnx for everything u guys taught me...

I have watched your two videos. Which camera it is?

The very first thing, you must use a good tripod. Your panning shots are too bad. If possible go for a fluid head. Bad cinematography. Follow atleast the rule of third.

If you cant control your lighting use, ND filter.

Editing is Ok for me. But looks homely. Do not cut at 2nd and 4th beat. Dind't you get good music than this(for Indian Freerunners)?

Again its a GREAT attempt and you have a good photographic skill. Try to improve it.

Shot again or send the DV footage, I will consider to work for you free.

Last edited:
OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
VideoEditingIndia thnx for all help man, but i m yet to shoot a video, those r shot by some other parkour enthusiasts...!!!

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
exatly janitha
now i hav a camcorder which shoots at 60i, so it doesnt look anywhere near to a movie, so how do i convert the video to something that will look like a movie.
now u know how 60i looks, dont u ppl!

VideoEditingIndia

You need a professional Deinterlacer to convert 60i to 30p. Then you can easily conert it to 24p using a good software which supports 3:2 puldown.

Whats the aspect ratio and frame size of the movie?

VideoEditingIndia

4:3, No, Shoot in atleast 16:9 if your camera support it.

720*480. My Bad! Are you still using NTSC Camera in India? Its again very difficult for Film look. (Yes, PAL quality is much better than NTSC as it dont need any PULLDOWN)

The minimum basic req. to get film look is 16:9 with atleasty PAL resolution.
But I recommend to in Anamorphic (2.35:1) with 1080P HD @ 24p. Format MXF on DVCAM or P4 is better.

If you are not looking for professional film look, Yes its possible with your footage also. That's what we are doing in this site:
*funphotosvideos.com/video

All the videos are processed for:
1. Professional Deinterlace
2. HD Upsampling
3. 3:2 PullDown
4. YUV to RGB Convertion
5. Audio Remastering
6. H.264 Encoding

Check one sample, Yes they are not professional, but to learn...If you are interested contact me offline, i will teach how to do that!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom