Status
Not open for further replies.

sirish

Right off the assembly line
My computer configuration is as follows:
pentium 4 procesor
256MB RAM
64MB graphics card

so the problem is that whenever i boot my computer and use it for about 15 minutes the computer hangs. Then after restarting, computer doesn't boot.

legolas

Padawan
I think it has something to do with temperature control. See if you can get a hold on the Intel's monitor control ( or similar named software, usually comes with your processor) and install it to get a note on temperature. If it shoots, (most probably is the issue), then, you would have placed the fan not rightly or the heat sink must have a problem... Check this out.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
^ yup
if u get a blue screen with a large error please take a picture of it and post it here

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
Use speedfan *www.almico.com/speedfan433.exe
and monitor the temperatures and voltages.

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
ha ha ..
I first reaction was to tell him to "Hang" it . Then, i suffered a BSOD. I empathised with him.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
To stop it from hanging, make sure it doesn't get any rope ;), just kidding.

It is definitely a heating problem and could also be a sign of a failing hard drive. Get it checked by a technician.

INS-ANI

In the zone
try repairing your OS with XP CD.
if it doesnt help then wait for some other geek to answer.
also, please provide more detail if you can, like application you are using, and application running in background.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
possible problems and solutions:
1. processor overheating (most likely)

open cpu case, check if the fan is running. if not, plug it out, clean it, put it back again. if yes, see if you need thermal paste.

2. memory probs

www.memtest86.com/

self explanatory. its a prog which tests your ram. run 5 passes for optimal diagnostics. if ram is faulty, replace it. if ram is fine, then it maybe windows. but i doubt it since you say that you cant boot up the pc later. try a fresh install of windows, but if it crashes during the install itself, its not the problem then.

3. power supply

bad power supply = bad computer.

5. motherboard problems like shorted/open capacitor etc

for all the hardware problems take your cpu to a friends place, and try your components one by one on his comp. whichever is faulty, can be identified easily.

offtopic, good to be on the forum again :) i think i've got the least no of posts for being in here for four years :D

OP
S

sirish

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for ur reply.Actually it was the processor overheating problem. The cooling fan was broken a bit.

HydraHeaded

Broken In
Thanks for ur reply.Actually it was the processor overheating problem. The cooling fan was broken a bit.

The cooling fan was broken a bit? What does that mean?

"How to get ride of a hanging computer"

Baap re. Duniya me paagalo ki kami nahi hai.

To bhai, tera compu kahaa se latak rahaa hai? From the fan? To phir rassi kaat de. And if you want to get rid of your compu, just contact me.

And see what he says: "How to get RIDE of a hanging computer" - ride, not rid. So maybe he wants to ride his computer? I think he watches too many BPs on the compu, and he doesn't have a girlfriend, so he is so desperate that he wants to ride the computer!

Arre thanx yaar, itna bahut dino baad hasaa.

:D

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
The cooling fan was broken a bit? What does that mean?

"How to get ride of a hanging computer"

Baap re. Duniya me paagalo ki kami nahi hai.

To bhai, tera compu kahaa se latak rahaa hai? From the fan? To phir rassi kaat de. And if you want to get rid of your compu, just contact me.

And see what he says: "How to get RIDE of a hanging computer" - ride, not rid. So maybe he wants to ride his computer? I think he watches too many BPs on the compu, and he doesn't have a girlfriend, so he is so desperate that he wants to ride the computer!

Arre thanx yaar, itna bahut dino baad hasaa.

:D
And what is the point of this post? The OP has solved his problem, so no need of this nonsense. This is your warning. Closed.

Edit: If the OP wants this thread to remain open for any reason, just PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom