How to Force IE to save passwords...again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
With AutoComplete 'on', your IE prompts you whether to save the logon name/password or not. If you select 'No' your decision is recorded in the registry and you wont be prompted again ! But what if you change your mind ? Here is how you can reset.

Run Regedit > HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\Storage2 > See the left pane > select the Storage2 key > Click File > Export > Save the key to a safe location as SavedPassword.reg Now in the right pane, select all values & click Delete.

Now in IE, go to the site whose password you want to save. Fill in your details and then click to submit the data. Now when IE asks if it should remember your password, click Yes.

Come back to the Registry Editor. Click File > Import > Select the file you saved as SavedPassword.reg > Click Open to merge the saved data into the registry.

This way you will also have saved your previously saved passwords as well as the one you just created.

source.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I think there is another easy method.In IE
tools-->>Internet options-->>content-->>Auto complete setting

*img127.imageshack.us/img127/6630/ietw7.jpg
check the box....promote me to save passwords.Thats all.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
anurodhjindal said:
But if we want to see the passwords that r stored ...then what we have to do???????????:confused:
I dont think this is possible. Windows is enough cleaver to hide saved password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom