How to find Which programe is accessing internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toofan

Technomancer
Friends,

Today after just connecting to broadband when i checked the bsnl status by clicking over the connection icon. I saw some data is contentiously received. Now i had switched off all my auto updates. So its not possible.

So is there any software or a way by which i can find that which software or process is downloading the data automatically.

Gauravs90

geek........
use comodo firewall it will show all active conections
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
use comodo firewall it will show all active conections

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Many of the firewall software these days allow you to see which programs are accessing the net and how much data transfer they are causing... Please inform which firewall software you are using...

Arun

Aspire

Padawan
Friends,

Today after just connecting to broadband when i checked the bsnl status by clicking over the connection icon. I saw some data is contentiously received. Now i had switched off all my auto updates. So its not possible.

So is there any software or a way by which i can find that which software or process is downloading the data automatically.

Start->Run->cmd->netstat
^^
Should work

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
I am using windows default one. Actually I don;t ever come with any firewall problem or it may be the case that I dont know about them much.

Is comodo firewall is heavy on system.

I use Avast freee edition with Spybot search and destroy.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
^ Comodo Internet Security has one of the best firewall. It allows you to monitor which program is opening how many TCP, UDP ports for connecting to the internet. And if you find any program suspicious you can terminate and block it permanently.

It is not that heavy on the system and startsup pretty fast. And with the integrated antivirus, you don't need to install any other antivirus...just keep on updating it regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom