how to extract and merge audio into an AVI file

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd4spd

Broken In
i want to extract the audio from an .avi file, and then add different audio track to it, ofcourse of same length.
plz help me in doing so.
i have no clues about how to do it.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
i think u can use a software like cool edit pro.. use the trial version and try..

its good and i often make my mobile ringtone with this software.. get a try

use vcd cutter the download link... *www.jiaovideo.com/download/vcdcut.exe... very useful software for ripping audio from vcd and rejoining it...

OP
N

nd4spd

Broken In
Thanks for all your responses, it would be very helpful, if someone could describe the process of merging the audio in an avi file, using VirtualDub.

nd4spd said:
K i have downloaded VirtualDub, now how to do it, means how to extract audio from avi file.

Download GSpot and open your .avi. See what audio codec it reports, note it down.

Assuming the audio is in mp3 format (most downloaded DivX files have mp3 audio), proceed as follows -

Open .avi in VDub. Use "File > Save Wav" option. VDub will save all audio with .wav extension. Rename the saved file using the correct extension. You may have to use "Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options" to show extensions of all file types. Rename "abc.wav" to "abc.mp3".

Now you have the audio file extracted and ready for editing. You can put it back (merge) into the .avi using NanDub. Now, that's another story altogether.

You should post the results of GSpot here. A screenshot of GSpot will be best. Let me know what exactly you're try to achieve so I can give more detailed responses.

Cheers,
Keith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom