How to enable transparency effect in Ubuntu 7.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Recentely installed Ubuntu 7.10 and nvidia graphics driver and enabled extra visual effects but still not getting the transparent windows. Any thing extra to be done to get it. Plz help

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
QwertyManiac said:
Wait, you meant Transparent windows or Transparent Window Borders? Many people ask the wrong thing actually ;)

P.s.
Click this for more goodies

both

Can't find compizconfig-setting-manager

kalpik said:
Keep alt pressed, and then scroll :)

i have to use it for each window separately ??????/

Last edited:
OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
but how to install it offline coz i am also going to install it in pcs of all my friends. No one has net connection. So plz suggest offline method

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I'm not on Linux rite now. But I haf it downloaded. If you can wait for sometime then I can mail you that .deb file. PM me ur mail id. I don't think its huge in size.

Here I've uploaded Compiz settings manager and AptOnCD .deb files for you on rapidshare. Download them and install. If you face any dependency issues then lemme know.

Compiz settings manager: *rapidshare.com/files/65905674/compizconfig-settings-manager_0.5.2_git20070912-0ubuntu1_all.deb.html

AptOnCD: *rapidshare.com/files/65905728/aptoncd_0.1.97-0ubuntu1_all.deb.html
(This is for your requirement regarding the other thread)

Last edited:

ChaiTan3

GTK+ programmer
go to packages.ubuntu.com
and search for that dependency there. On that all the dependencies of a packages are also listed.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Ok now compiz-setting manager is installed. But there are lots of options in it. Tell me how i can get transparent windows and its title bar like vista's aero glass.

praka123

left this forum longback
:D u need to find the options.but for non-compiz users,u can achieve transparency in gnome-panel(taskbars) etc by right click select properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom