How to download Youtube Videos and convert them to be played on DVD player

ajayritik

Technomancer
Firstly sorry if this thing was asked earlier. I want to download some videos from youtube and have them converted to a format which can be played on my DVD player. Can someone help me with the steps and the software that needs to be used. Preferably free wares.

Formats should be ideally AVI or any other supported by my DVD player(Moser Baer)

Thanks,
ajayritik

kisame

King of Heroes
Firstly sorry if this thing was asked earlier. I want to download some videos from youtube and have them converted to a format which can be played on my DVD player. Can someone help me with the steps and the software that needs to be used. Preferably free wares.
Formats should be ideally AVI or any other supported by my DVD player(Moser Baer)
Thanks,
ajayritik

Use freemake.Its good.

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
If you are using Mozilla Firefox browser:
install the video download helper add-ons from the below link:
video download helper

If you are using Opera:
Install YouTube Downloader add-ons from the below link:
YouTube Downloader

after downloading convert them (by using Format Factory software) to the format which supported by your DVD player

.jRay.

Youngling
download RealPlayer.. it has an inbuilt downloader and a converter!!!

Its Downloader can download not only YouTube videos but any video!!!

tech_boy

The Annoying Thing
The firefox addon 'Video Download Helper' will do it 4 u. It can download as well as convert youtube videos. :)

frankeric

Journeyman

Thanks,
ajayritik

Bro use video download helper adon in fire fox to download videos and than go for factory format these two things can solve your problem.

nghtcrwlr

Right off the assembly line
On Firefox:
Download Flash and Video
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-flash-and-video/

I've used my share of streaming video downloaders, and this is what I finally settled on.
Offers a single click download button, and also the choice to choose between video formats directly for HD videos.

And not limited just to YouTube.

After downloading Standard Def videos, use something like FormatFactory, Format Factory - Free media file format converter, to convert.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I had the default converter installed on my PC but not sure what format do I select so that I can play it on my TV. Should DVD Pal version be fine. AVI not sure what are the settings I need to choose?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys I had the default converter installed on my PC but not sure what format do I select so that I can play it on my TV. Should DVD Pal version be fine. AVI not sure what are the settings I need to choose?

which DVD player u have?model no,brand?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Currently trying to play it on Amkette Flash TV.
This is the one Amkette Flash TV Multimedia Player (FDD240M) Price - Buy Amkette Flash TV Multimedia Player (FDD240M) Price in India, Best Prices n Review

Zangetsu

Currently trying to play it on Amkette Flash TV.
This is the one Amkette Flash TV Multimedia Player (FDD240M) Price - Buy Amkette Flash TV Multimedia Player (FDD240M) Price in India, Best Prices n Review

u asked for DVD player?
and posted link for multimedia player.
well it plays this
Video File Formats: Dat/Vcd (mpeg-1), Vob/Dvd (mpeg-2), Avi-divx/Xvid (mpeg-4, Layer 2), Rm/Rmvb
audio File Formats: MP3, WMA, Aac, WAV, Ogg (dts, Ac-3 - Interlaced)
image Formats: Jpeg, Bmp, Tiff, Png, Gif
text Formats: Txt
subtitles: Smi, Srt, Ass, Ssa
input: USB 2.0 Port And Sd/Mmc Card Slot
supported Storage Formats: USB Hard Disks, USB Flash Drive, Sd/Mmc Cards (ntfs, Fat32, And Fat16)

so don't have any problem while playing

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
@zangetsu. A small update. I have a Moserbaer DVD Player with USB support for which I had created this thread but now I borrowed the amkette player from my cousin. But unable to play any of the files that I downloaded from Youtube after converting using the firefox inbuilt converter to avi. The player says unsupported format.

Zangetsu

@zangetsu. A small update. I have a Moserbaer DVD Player with USB support for which I had created this thread but now I borrowed the amkette player from my cousin. But unable to play any of the files that I downloaded from Youtube after converting using the firefox inbuilt converter to avi. The player says unsupported format.
check the codec info of those converted avi files whether they match with supported codec of the player

akshat khurana

Right off the assembly line
Download your video using youtube downloader and then using the same software you can convert it into the desired format which your DVD player supports.

Top Bottom