How to download all night in phone?

Hi. I have a Nokia X2-00. I always have unlimited 2g Internet pack which I want to make full utilization of. For this, I want to download on my phone all night long. Keeping phone on charging will cause battery damage. Is there something I can do to download all night and keep phone ON?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
^Just whine to your parents to get a Broadband connection
even if they say no,keep on whining
I tried this whining strategy and got my broadband by December last year approx 6 months after i started whining :)

OR

Use "USB Pass through" feature of your phone(it is called so on my HTC Explorer,Basically allows you to use your phone's internet on your PC,where the phone acts as a modem/router)

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
^Just whine to your parents to get a Broadband connection
even if they say no,keep on whining
I tried this whining strategy and got my broadband by December last year approx 6 months after i started whining :)

OR

Use "USB Pass through" feature of your phone(it is called so on my HTC Explorer,Basically allows you to use your phone's internet on your PC,where the phone acts as a modem/router)

> I cannot get broadband and I do not complaint of it.

> I cannot leave PC on all night due to electricity consumption. this is the very reason I want to download on phone.

If I attach the charger for an hour, then remove if for an hour and keep cycling this, will it still damage the battery? Of course I'll not me doing it manually. I'll make a time circuit for it.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
> I cannot get broadband and I do not complaint of it.

> I cannot leave PC on all night due to electricity consumption. this is the very reason I want to download on phone.

If I attach the charger for an hour, then remove if for an hour and keep cycling this, will it still damage the battery? Of course I'll not me doing it manually. I'll make a time circuit for it.

it is sure that the battery backup will decrease over time. you should check raspberry pi like substitutes.

Hrishi

Hi. I have a Nokia X2-00. I always have unlimited 2g Internet pack which I want to make full utilization of. For this, I want to download on my phone all night long. Keeping phone on charging will cause battery damage. Is there something I can do to download all night and keep phone ON?
The number of charge cycle a battery will go , it'll reduce its lifespan. ( should )
I think its imminent that the battery will deteriorate in this method. ( How much , I can't say )

It's better if you buy an uber cheap used phone for this purpose. That should do it. Keep that plugged in for ever. Who cares. :p

NL520

Broken In
your memory card will soon give up (very soon) if you download too much on it.
better get a cheap android phone, plug it in usb hub, attach a usb hard disk to it and let it download 24x7

icebags

Technomancer
srsly, why use fones as download devices ? if u want to save on electricity bills, get some raspberry pi like device and a program that supports ram cache-ing. but again, raspberry pi itself is expensive enough to cost u many electric bill cycles, before u start to see any profit.

better get a cheap android phone, plug it in usb hub, attach a usb hard disk to it and let it download 24x7

if the program does not support ram cache-ing, be it solid or hard disc, will deteriorate very fast. but solid state devices will be the first to go kaput.

Hello,
I want to know, If we use internal memory of the phone for downloading instead of memory card, and daily download for more than 10 hours, then what are effects of this on internal memory? Hope to see some reply.Thank You.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Hrishi

Hello,
I want to know, If we use internal memory of the phone for downloading instead of memory card, and daily download for more than 10 hours, then what are effects of this on internal memory? Hope to see some reply.Thank You.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Internal memory is not much different when it comes to detoriating.That's also solid state drive.

Top Bottom