How to disable tab drag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
I have Firefox 2.0

Now problem is whenever I shift tabs by clicking on a tab instead of shifting the tab gets picked up by mouse and comes in drag mode...this is very irritating...I want to disable dragging of tabs in different positions.

Also I think it is just a useless feature.
Any Idea how to get rid of this?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You must be using a laptop, right? Because I am not sure what you described can happen with the normal mouse. Personally, I do not face any problem. It has never happened that I wanted to select a tab and accidentally dragged it. So maybe you are doing something wrong.

And it surely isn't a useless feature. It's great! :)

Sorry I cannot help you with your problem though, because I do not use Firefox. I just wanted to voice my opinion. Maybe someone else and come along and lend you a helping hand. :)

OP
N

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
I am using Desktop...

Problem is that normally one clicks tab to select them in firefox...but when I click them instead of opening that tab and showing that webpage...tab starts moving with the mouse as though I am dragging it.

Now I want to disable automatic dragging of tabs. ANy idea how to achieve it? Hope I made myself clear.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
"I am using Desktop..." - What does that mean! :?

I think you might have 'Click Lock' activated. It is a feature in Windows XP that 'locks' your mouse click so that you do not have to keep the button pressed while dragging something. You have to click again to release the object being dragged. Check out whether it is activated or not.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
n2casey said:
That means he is using a Desktop PC :D :D

& not a Laptop. ;)
Oh, I didn't realise it was a reply to that. Thanks! :)

@navjotjsingh, well then, it is difficult to imagine how some one can face the problem you described.

eddie

El mooooo
Do you have any tab browser extensions installed? It sounds like a feature installed by an extension.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
@navjotjsingh
I don't have the answer with me though.....but you can ask it here

All Mozilla experts/developer are there....and posting on that section you no need to register yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom