How to Disable software from being loaded at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachitar

Journeyman
Hi
I have this sofware IDM and 10 days of its trial period is left
Everytime i start WinXP IDM launches and i get the dialog box "Ypu have xx days"
I tried to disable this loading at startup by unchecking it in msconfig but to no avail.
Can some help me to disable IDM from being loaded at startup
Thanks

rajas700

Youngling
By disabling from startup file u cannot escape from the expiry of trail period.so try to purchase full product..

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Select Run from Start menu. Type msconfig. Go to startup section. Untick the programs name from the list. Restart. Tick 'Don't ..........' and click on OK.

Enjoy.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
open the settings of the IDM and then search for the Load at StartUp, untick the option. That might solve the probelm. The same problem persisted for me in the case of YIM, and i solved it this way only

Retro

Journeyman
Download a Tool Called RegCleaner (*www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm)
Just goto the startup menu in it and delete all the start up entries you want. RegCleaner is a tool which simplifies your registry so that you can understand it better.

Maverick

Right off the assembly line
i doubt if unticking in the 'msconfig' will clean registry values for an application. instead its always good to remove the values from the registry.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Maverick said:
i doubt if unticking in the 'msconfig' will clean registry values for an application. instead its always good to remove the values from the registry.

ok type regedit in run. click edit and select Find. Type partial and the most evidant name of the program and search. Delete the keys it finds. Warning: Take Backup before proceeding..

choudang

Padawan
its not a complicated that we have to go regedit.

1. start IDM...go to the OPTION and uncheck "Start on Windows Startup"

2. go to Msconfig--- uncheck IDM.

its on you......

selva1966

Journeyman
If you are using spybot go to Tools and select System Startup. An additional window will give more information about know startup entries.

You can check the startup programmes you want to load.

Maverick

Right off the assembly line
guys,heard it somehwhere,doesnt holding the shift key while booting,prevent startup items from loading??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom