How to deal with this copy protected CD ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi friends ,
I recently bought Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary 7 and Got its CD free with it.
The dictionary is world class and Software version is even better . Now the problem is that For the software to run we need original CD in the CD ROM Drive. I mean I burnt the Image to my HDD and tried using it but it said The CD could not be authenticated . I tried burning a Copy of the CD to another CD and when i used that CD , it said original CD not found. Now , This is the first time I have encountered such a protection that I culdnt get through. I dont want to ruin my Original CD by putting it in , every time I use the dictionary , also it is not easy to pop in CD every time. So , whats That I can do to run that software without original CD , i.e. with image on HDD or copied CD.
I m using XP SP2.

waiting for ur solutions....

Third Eye

gooby pls
Use alcohol 120% to create image of CD and mount it.Also don't copy the cd to another because it will not work..

I am sure this will help you because i also mounted my FarCry Original Game with it...

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
but why the image created and mounted by NERO7 doesnt work ??? Does Alcohol 120% do it differently????
Also , why copying the CD to another CD will not work ??? The copied CD is also autorun.
please explain.

Third Eye

gooby pls
~Phenom~ said:
but why the image created and mounted by NERO7 doesnt work ??? Does Alcohol 120% do it differently????
Also , why copying the CD to another CD will not work ??? The copied CD is also autorun.
please explain.

Use Alcohol 120 %,it is easy to create virtual images with it and when you will create then mount it with either daemon tools or with this software(Alcohol).

Copying the CD to another CD will not work because it is copy protected like games and it is illegal to copy the disk to another cd.

I never tried creating cd images with nero,just use alcohol....

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
even alcohol 120% failed , oxford dictionary said "Emulator detected!
Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software." what to do now ????
Earlier i tried ISO format( default format with NERO7) , now I tried mdf format ( default image format in alcohol 120 % ).
what to do now ??? have they really got the ultimate CD protection which even MS dont have ????

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Nothing suggested here will work!!!
This CD is protected by CD-COPS

If you have google tool bar installed .... Just go to Toolbar options > Features > SearchBox settings > and tick Suggest popular searches ....

Now start searching for CD COPS !!!
Be advised, you may do so only if your intentions are good !!!

Other best options is to take a backup with blindwrite
I remember this thread where another person faced the same problem.

Last edited:

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Even blindwrite will not help you. You cannot copy this as this is protected by Cd-cops. I also faced the above problem and posted my query here. If you lose your cd or make scratches on the cd, there is nothing you can do about it.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Is there a minimum installation required for the software....
If yes then uninstall your current version and then install again from the image loaded in the virtual drive....

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
@ankurgupta.me , what do u mean by min installation ????
i installed using image drive but didnt helped.

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I know it runs fine on linux. I have been using it on Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS without any problems through my copied CD. The reason is CDCOPS works only in Windows and Mac.

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Ramakrishnan said:
Even blindwrite will not help you. You cannot copy this as this is protected by Cd-cops. I also faced the above problem and posted my query here. If you lose your cd or make scratches on the cd, there is nothing you can do about it.

Are you sure you used fully licenced version of blindwrite ??
Demo or other versions cannot copy perfectly :-x :(

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
is there any way in this world to help protect my original CD from scratches by using Duplicate CD or image ????

Is CDCOPS invincible ????

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I was under the impression that user of any genuine SW has the right to create and possess one copy of it for his own use, for archival purpose!

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Phenom, If you are able to copy the CD contents to some directory in Ubuntu Linux.
Then use gnomebaker CD/DVD burner to burn the directory contents to
a CD!! In case you haven't installed 'gnomebaker' package.
Here is how:

$ sudo apt-get install gnomebaker

After the installation is over. start 'GnomeBaker' select the directory, right-click "Add Files".
Set the Burning Speed as "40X" Click on "Start".
That's all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom