How to deactivate FACEBOOK more than 7 days ? :(

Discussion in 'Internet & WWW' started by kool, Aug 4, 2016.

1. kool

kool Active Member

Hi guys,

I am wasting too much time on facebook, I want to deactivate for more than 7 Days (till diwali), but now there is no such option. :( It gets reactivated after 7 days, what If I use other option to deactivate , will it delete my account permanently ?

At present i have deactivated FB temporarily for 7 days, and even after deactivation i m using messenger. Is it possible to use only messenger for next 3 months without deleting my account ??

2. OP
    OP
    kool

kool Active Member

anybody ?

3. bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy Super Moderator Staff Member

You can deactivate your account for any period you want just by following the instructions in the link below:
    How do I deactivate my account? | Facebook Help Centre | Faceboo

4. OP
    OP
    kool

kool Active Member

i am asking about these option while deactivating, till now i am using "THIS IS TEMPORARY" option only. What if I select any other option ?

[​IMG]

5. Zangetsu

Zangetsu El Directo!

Just deactivate it from your mind likewise I do.

Remove from Smartphone and bookmark from browser.

6. ariftwister

ariftwister Truth Seeker

There's no such thing as Permanent Deactivation AFAIK. You can reactive anytime you want regardless of what options you choose here. This is just for collecting the data on why users deactivate n such. After selecting any of these options, they will ask on how to improve your experience, blah blah blah.. Etc. So just choose any option and your are fine.

7. OP
    OP
    kool

kool Active Member

oh.... i thought selecting any of these option will delete my account permanently, thats why i always checked "TEMPORARY" option. But it reactivates after 7 days.

Thanks for the info man !! thanks a lot.

i am having very bad addiction of using fb.

8. thetechfreak

thetechfreak .

Don't select temporary, try a other option one. I never had this 7 day thing(I always select other options)

This is the URL btw: Log in to Facebook | Faceboo

9. ariftwister

ariftwister Truth Seeker

Actually deactivating and deletion of account is two different things. Once you delete your account, you can't retrieve anything back. But deactivation is temporary. Also are you sure it automatically reactivates after 7 days?? I don't think so. After deactivating, if you try login with your email id and pwd, it will get reactivated the next minute itself.

10. OP
    OP
    kool

kool Active Member

if u will select "TEMPORARY" option it will give you deactivation for 1 to 7 days only. Before this there was no such "days limit" thing , now if u will select 1-7 days, it will auto reactivates.

Facebook's Auto-Reactivate Feature Will Make It Even Harder For You To Qui

11. OP
    OP
    kool

kool Active Member

12. ariftwister

ariftwister Truth Seeker

Yes.. They have added this new feature which will reactivate after a certain amount of days. Now My question is, why do you keep on choosing temporary ?? Just choose others and Write that I wanna deactivate for XXX reasons and leave me alone blah blah blah. Your account won't be deactivated until you do so.

13. Deepesh iyer

Deepesh iyer New Member

Yes, you can deactivate your FB account. When you log in again your FB account will be activated. To deactivate you have to go to account settings options and select the general option in that you can see deactivate an account. Select deactivate account then it will ask your password, enter the password to confirm and select the option reason, for example, you are using more, then select using more, having another account, my account is hacked. select any one option over there which you are facing and click on deactivate then your account will be deactivated. If you want to deactivate it for 7 days or more for a month you can deactivate. If you want to open your FB account within 2 days after deactivating you can active your FB account by just sign In with your registered email and password.