How to copy OS from one HDD to another HDD with all files

Genius-jatt

Broken In
How to copy OS from one HDD to another HDD with all files

Dear all members please help me by suggesting the best software which can copy or make image of C drive means the Operating system with installed software with all settings to another HDD. As all know the big worry is loosing some good softwares + DATA when any OS (Window's} crashes.

So similarly I want my HDD C drive copy with OS to second HDD for safety .Thanks in advance.

OP
Genius-jatt

Genius-jatt

Broken In
Try this:

Clone hard drive with best backup software - EaseUS Todo Backup
Thanks dear for quick reply , I will try that

- - - Updated - - -

I had one software named: IM Magic partition resizer it says that you must have an UNALLOCATED SPACE to copy partion.

Is it necessary to have Unallocated space to copy partition ?

OP
Genius-jatt

Genius-jatt

Broken In
Hello dear SaiyanGoku pl let me know for cloning HDD is it necessary to have UNALLOCATED SPACE on HDD just like new one. The link you given is very nice soft thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hello dear SaiyanGoku pl let me know for cloning HDD is it necessary to have UNALLOCATED SPACE on HDD just like new one. The link you given is very nice soft thanks

Cloning a partition byte-by-byte is different than copying files from it. The cloned partition should resemble the parent partition it was cloned from. Since you can't put the cloned partition in a partition which already exists, you need unallocated space on the other HDD so that the clone can be put there.

OP
Genius-jatt

Genius-jatt

Broken In
Cloning a partition byte-by-byte is different than copying files from it. The cloned partition should resemble the parent partition it was cloned from. Since you can't put the cloned partition in a partition which already exists, you need unallocated space on the other HDD so that the clone can be put there.
Nicely explained by you dear, Pl I want some more added information on Coping,Cloning & imaging ?

Unallocated HDD means deleting all Partition ,Actually I want to copy my c drive with Window-7 plus all the Installed software's on second HDD to keep them safe for future. So what should I do that the second HDD run like first one ? I think you under stand my point bro, Tell me should I make image, Copy or cloning ?

If we copy only C drive partition on other HDD then it work or not ? HDD is 500GB & I don't want to copy all partitions, Want only C drive with OS

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Nicely explained by you dear, Pl I want some more added information on Coping,Cloning & imaging ?

Unallocated HDD means deleting all Partition ,Actually I want to copy my c drive with Window-7 plus all the Installed software's on second HDD to keep them safe for future. So what should I do that the second HDD run like first one ? I think you under stand my point bro, Tell me should I make image, Copy or cloning ?

If we copy only C drive partition on other HDD then it work or not ? HDD is 500GB & I don't want to copy all partitions, Want only C drive with OS

Clone the entire C: partition onto the other HDD

Backing up your entire drive: Cloning vs. imaging | PCWorld

Unallocated space means you can shrink a partition on the other HDD and the amount of space you shrunk will become unallocated until you've created another partition using it. Doesn't means you'll have to delete all other partitions.

OP
Genius-jatt

Genius-jatt

Broken In
Clone the entire C: partition onto the other HDD

Unallocated space means you can shrink a partition on the other HDD and the amount of space you shrunk will become unallocated until you've created another partition using it. Doesn't means you'll have to delete all other partitions.
Thanks bro you are very supportive & now I under stand by this Article. It is all about unallocated space which we have create by deleting or merging useless partitions. Thanks again.

Pl put some light on this thread if you have some Window-7 Fault findings Experiences ,

*www.digit.in/forum/software-q/190627-audio-not-working-win-7-want-help.html#post2212212

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
which OS are u using ?

AFAIK there is default system recovery feature in Windows XP,7 and later versions using which we can create an image of the whole OS + apps installed in C: drive

so, next time when u want to recover just restore from the image. :-D

Note: this is different from system restore

OP
Genius-jatt

Genius-jatt

Broken In
which OS are u using ?

AFAIK there is default system recovery feature in Windows XP,7 and later versions using which we can create an image of the whole OS + apps installed in C: drive

so, next time when u want to recover just restore from the image. :-D

Note: this is different from system restore
Thanks and I am using WIN-7 OS. I know about Backing up & then restore from window's but bro did it do all the jobs like cloning or making full system image ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Thanks and I am using WIN-7 OS. I know about Backing up & then restore from window's but bro did it do all the jobs like cloning or making full system image ?

it will make exact image of the C: (if OS is installed in) as it is so all your browser settings/apps will remain intact in the copy

Top Bottom