how to copy a PHP website to PC ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Unless you the ncessary privileges, no software can do it. What most will do is download each and every page as HTML and store it.

If you own that website, you can run a personal server on your PC uisng IIS or WAMP or other Apache,PHP and MySQL server.

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
look dear as per I know PHP website contains a lot more than a simple page that you see..mainly it contains .css,.js and so many more files which handles the query ..furthermore how come you gonna create the database????but one thing is that you can copy the website as such as .html page..thats it...or otherwise source of that page is made available for free...

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
no you can't copy database .. but you can download like this.
but using download managers you can try.. you will get html files.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
JS and CSS files are handled by the browser. PHP handles the logic that is required to output.

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
hmm too bad ....

one more ques guys .. i have to develop a site for a pharmacy firm ...just a few pages and information .... how much shld i ask for it ?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
1. How many pages?
2. Straightforward XHTML pages or need backend programming?
3.Who provides images, if any?
4. What about maintainance?

And if you want somethings thats impressive to them, less hassles to you, the install a Wordpress for them, download and modify a theme to make it look like a website(see my website www.biologyformhtcet.com as an example).

Thats the best you can give to the firm rather than wasting time with WYSIWYG editor.

And before you think about thr money, let us know what services are you going to provide them with.

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
around 10-12 pages ... nuthing fancy .... no backend needed ... my friend needs it just for 1 week ..he needs it to open a bank account for the firm. .. no maintanance and services required ... just one time deal ...

I have to manage the content my self .... they will only provide the Company profile and contact info ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom