How to control any electrical appliance say a "BULB" with sound ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

incisive_mind

Broken In
HI ,
Just wud like to knw if u want to control any electrical appliance with the help of sound how wud u do that.......!!!! Since in electrical appliances u have too many options let's take a simple case of "BULB" suppose u have to only "ON" n "OFF" that bulb....!!!! Everybody knows how to control a bulb with computer using parallel port, i m talkin bout sound input..........!!! ne suggetions r most welcome....

OP
I

incisive_mind

Broken In
Hey Khan...!!!
BUt i was lookin for a rply which considers PC as well...!! means i want to control like giving a sound input to program ....!!! n after sum pattern matching or so can controol the device.....!!!

Ishan

In the zone
Hey do u all know abt Sensiva? its not with sound but it works with mouse.
just create an simple sructure on ur screen and it opens u any program corresponding to it.

phatratt

In the zone
just like what we have voice dial in our phones,i think we need to work on that principle.Nothing is impossible,u can do it.

Ishan

In the zone
u all must have watched "16th December" film..in that it comes "DUlhan ki viday ka waqt badalna hai" to control the missile. right. we can do this right.!

Even IR system can do this. it is discussed before in this forum. and my friend "vandit" u all would be knowing him....also have tried it with a small expense of about 100 Rs. and it works fine.
u could ask abt the llink to vandit, coz he gave me it in yahoo msger but now i have deleted the msg archive. Sorry!

Last edited:
OP
I

incisive_mind

Broken In
well,seems like wits tried thr skin out n yet no satisfiable answers hmmm....!!!!seems likie i havbe to do it on my own......

Ishan

In the zone
Well i use MS office's Speech facility or Language bar for such a work but it is limited only for MS applications(i.e IE etc)

so I think u should search for such plugins or such softwares.

vandit

In the zone
jus make a clap switch.....

[SIZE=-1]www.electronicsforu.com/EFYLinux/circuit/may2003/ci4-clap.pdf :p

[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom